Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Grill Armor

Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grill Armor

Hi, I have this idea for grill armor not sure if any company makes such a thing...
the idea is inspired from the chineese dragon jeep

I know that jeep is painted but I want to achieve the same result.

Where I have a linex'd cover and the oem jeep color shines through.

I know that jeep mopar makes a chrome cover, so my first option could be modifiying that so that it doesnt cover as much and having it linex'd. But the chrome cover is very expensive and linexing will be even more.

My second option is buying another grill and cutting it down.

My third option is having a cover plate cnc'd. This would also have to take in the curvature of the grill and would be attached by 3m automotive tape.

What are some of your thoughts? How would you achieve this project?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Submitted the idea to poisionsyder. I think it fits into their product line.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Not my cup-o-tea but would be pretty easy to DIY... But as with any paint/finishing job it's all in the prep work (taping, sanding, cleaning, etc...)

Quick Reply: Grill Armor