Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Griffin radiator works great!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griffin radiator works great!

Just installed a Griffin radiator, it really helps keep the JK cooler while doing some serious wheelin! As I am sure alot of the serious off roaders are seeing the JK's heat up easily .
Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us informed of how it works!!

Mine hasn't really given me a problem either, but if it goes out I would want to upgrade

Red
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha been there done that
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/griffin-radiator-35612/

its not the serious offroading that heats it up, its the MUDDY offroading over and over that cloggs up the stock rad, the stock fins really hold onto the stuff even after running hose thru it for an hour. It got so bad I was cleaning the rad out after every wheelin trip, I only cleaned the griffin out once since I got it a year ago and that was last week, thats once in a year not bad
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=.:eMETAL:.;1071098]do you have an auto? cuz my 6speed doesnt really heat up that much. i mean it's really warm afterwards but not pushing the temp gauge.

i was still looking into getting a griffin though along with a tranny cooler

good to hear the positive feedback... thanks [/QUOTE
yes, 6 speed, if yours isn't heating up you aren't wheelin too hard!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
haha been there done that
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35612

its not the serious offroading that heats it up, its the MUDDY offroading over and over that cloggs up the stock rad, the stock fins really hold onto the stuff even after running hose thru it for an hour. It got so bad I was cleaning the rad out after every wheelin trip, I only cleaned the griffin out once since I got it a year ago and that was last week, thats once in a year not bad
the stock fan isn't enough for hard wheelin, the mud doesn't help though

Quick Reply: Griffin radiator works great!