Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Green Rubicon going BIG Green

Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow looks good....tires are huge...love it
Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sn00wman
wow looks good....tires are huge...love it
Yeah. It's going it be a big green monster when I get it back.

Obviously, it will be next week before I can get you the Rubi springs, shocks etc that SLC took OFF it.

Sean, you have a PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good, I like the wheel/ tire combo.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Outstanding !!

Just got home and unloaded all my stock parts from picking up the Jeep from SLC.

It was all smiles, 102 degrees, top down, people gawking, 82 miles of Jeepy goodness.

1st Impression... my braking SUCKS! I can see a big brake kit in my very near future. I don't like it at all.

2nd Impression ... I'm going to have to relearn how to drive this beast all over again. It is a totally different vehicle than a stock Rubicon.

3rd. Going from stock 4.10 gears and stock 32's to 4.88's and 37's feels no different. Acceleration feels the same. Where I shift is the same. (6sp) I know not the typical choice but I'm glad I went this way.

4. I was going to wait until October to purchase a LoD Front bumper and sliders but the sliders cannot wait. I need a step to help me haul my ass into the driver's throne. That's right, it's no longer a driver's SEAT, it's a driver's THRONE. A throne to look down upon the minions driving little cars and un-lifted pickup trucks. The view is AWESOME!

5th. Screamin' Lizard Customs. Sean is very personable and extremely professional. One negative was a four day estimated turnaround became 11 days. No way to sugar coat this ... it was less than satisfactory. However, the memory of that inconvenience will soon fade. During the whole time Sean was posting pics, emailing, calling to let me know the status and why there was delays. To ME this more important than going over time. This build came UNDER estimate $$ wise. This and the outstanding communication is much more important to ME than the extra time it took to do it right. Attention to detail in the finished product is impeccable. That SLC picked up 8 of 11 days on the rental car I think speaks to their character and business ethic. Everyone working there is a Jeep enthusiast. Many kind comments from both staff and customer alike. All in all a positive experience dealing with SLC. I would both use them again for major work to my Jeep and recommend them to people I like and wish to continue talking to after.

People I don't like so much can go to the dealership they bought it from ...

sn00wman ... Luke's in Sherman. Monday. I'll be there around 5 pm Control arms, coils, Rubi shocks, F&R trackbars, and stock draglink. edit: Also sway links.

Last edited by ARinmyJK; 08-13-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great man! You should post some more pictures!!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZBroadbent
...ditto
Old 08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZBroadbent
Originally Posted by N2 TRBL
...ditto
I know Sean took a few more pics right before I left. Perhaps he'll post them when he has time. It was hopping busy there today when I picked it up!

It will be a few days before I can go make some new memories and pictures of my own ...
Old 08-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Sorry for the delays...it has been crazy around here this week.

ARinmyJK,
Thank you for letting us build your Rig! It is a monster
Thank you for your understanding on our delays and
Thank you for your kind words

Old 08-14-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

WOW! Sweet Ride!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs

[
AH! You can see the stock spare tied off to the rack for the trip home

Measured at the top edge of the front license plate 8 1/2" gain. At the top edge of the rear plate 7".

The tip of the radio antenna is one inch shy of SEVEN FEET

Hardly got any work done last night ... everyone wanted to go to the parking lot and check out the Jeep!

Quick Reply: Green Rubicon going BIG Green