Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The great debate!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The great debate!

ok, so im still checkin out tires. One that I have looked at for years is the Interco Thornbird. When I see um on someones vehicle I cant help but stare. However, I have heard many many mixed reviews of this tire, from "peice of crap" to " best tire i ever owned". So, first off, I want new reviews, from people who have used them for just about everything, and an honest opinion on them. Secondly, lets see some 33" Thornbirds on 2Dr JK's please.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

My bro had some on a CJ he got when he turned 16, they were terrible. Loud, weak offroad, and just not worth the money imo.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

yeah my botherinlaw had them on a pickup and he could never get them to balance for more than a day and they cupped and did not perform very well.... unless he was in ruts
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default dont do it

from personal experience these tires are LOUD on the road, almost worthless offroad, and don't last that long among other things. they look very aggressive, but just plain dont perform at all.

I have posted this pic before when another member was thinking about getting Thornbirds. They were on the old CJ
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

dont waste your money. they will last tops, 10k miles then they will work well on your drag car they will be so slick.

Quick Reply: The great debate!