Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gotta love the stealership...

Old 03-23-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love the stealership...

The Jeep has been making a funny rattling noise under accelleration for a while now, but has really gotten worse since muddy gras a few weeks ago. So I decided, well, gotta be the drivetrain, and I have a lifetime warranty, so I'll just let the dealership take care of it. They had it for 2 days, and came back with, "It's the throwout bearing, and that's not covered. It's considered a wear item. We can replace it for you, but you might want to do the clutch while we're in there." I'll told them I'd think about it and he said no problem, but warned me of "catastrophic failure" and "more expensive damage". What a douchebag. I went home, crawled underneath the Jeep, found the big, greasy mess that the cut CV boot on the rear drive shaft had made, and removed the shaft. Put the Jeep in 4 high, and took a spin around the block. It's so quiet now you could hear a mouse fart under there. So fast forward ahead to today. I stopped back at the dealership to show them what the problem was, and they actually said they might cover it under the factory warranty!!! I probably should have let them, but I said no thanks, it would just happen again. I ordered the Tatton this morning. Should be here Wednesday. We'll see how it works. Got it for 415.00 shipped complete.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

It just got the better of me so I went back to the dealership. They are actually gonna give me a brand new drive shaft!!! So early next week there will be one on the for sale section brand new.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

hilarious. sir we want to fleece you out of some money by replacing perfectly good parts and ruin some nearby items for future fleecing.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Wow! That is all I can say!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Never trust the dealerships!!!!!! It's their interest they're looking out for, not yours.

Quick Reply: Gotta love the stealership...