Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got the xrc carrier/space mounted up

Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any side shots of the XRC
Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Any side shots of the XRC
I will take some for you later tonite.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by maddygirl
No troubles with the latch. I think it may be a tad cumbersome for my wife to secure the latch but I'm glad it is overly secure rather than the stories of some of the older ones merely hitting a bump and unlatching. No way that could happen one this one. I can see out the back window fairly well with the spare there but might move it up a notch or two anyway to improve the looks. I'd like to see a little more of the bumpers angles on the bottom. The thing is really sharp. I can probably move it north an inch and not compromise the rear view much. The only thing negative to say about this was the missing hardware and the directions provided. They both lacked BIGTIME. The directions were a printout from years ago and I even had parts left in the bag not identified in the directions. Like a rubber bump stop I guess the tire is supposed to rest against but no mention on where or how to secure it. Plus, the bumper includes a rear 3rd brake light kit but doesn't mention how it gets secured. (Granted these weren't terribly difficult thing to figure out, but you shouldn't have to guess when your holding the instruction manual.

One thing that has been getting on my nerves but not the bumpers fault is the CB antenna. It bounces against the tire carrier brace when driving and makes an annoying noise. Time to get a quick disconnect for that and only install when needed in the woods.
Looks great....shorten those tips, or they might take people out who are walking on the sidewalk.....

The latch on the new bumpers are completely secure, I've had mine on for a couple months now, wheeled it, hit all sorts of bumps, never has it come loose or rattled....I have the TeraFlex Antenna mount with quick disconnect, it doesn't touch the spare or the tirecarrier at all, might be something to consider...

The directions are simple, but there's not much to mounting this bumper, and I thought it was easy enough.....I had left over hardware too...This bumper kicks ass, the departure angles are sick...

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 01-20-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Got the xrc carrier/space mounted up