Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got the xrc carrier/space mounted up

Old 01-19-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the xrc carrier/space mounted up

The instructions were garbage and the hardware was missing from the box initially but the end result kicked ass!

It looks low to the ground because the jeep in parked on a fairly decent incline. It sits on 35's with a 2.5" TF lift.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the exhaust done while using the stock rear bumper. It may be time to cut those tips off and go with something a bit more tucked in. The incline makes it more pronouced as opposed to when it is on level ground though.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Carrier looks great, slash them tips
Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The more I look at the tips the madder i'm getting. The sawzaw is making a debut tonite BABY!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Junkie

That looks great!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
That looks great!
Thanks Crash. How's yours coming along?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

its all put together to be shipped.
transport company is giving me the runaround now on a pickup date though.

Good news however...Bushwacker is covering the fender flare that fell apart, so Ill have 4 fenders again.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Looks awsome but get those tips off and you got it!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
cfr
JK Freak

How's the latch? Any troubles? Any rattles?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cfr
How's the latch? Any troubles? Any rattles?
No troubles with the latch. I think it may be a tad cumbersome for my wife to secure the latch but I'm glad it is overly secure rather than the stories of some of the older ones merely hitting a bump and unlatching. No way that could happen one this one. I can see out the back window fairly well with the spare there but might move it up a notch or two anyway to improve the looks. I'd like to see a little more of the bumpers angles on the bottom. The thing is really sharp. I can probably move it north an inch and not compromise the rear view much. The only thing negative to say about this was the missing hardware and the directions provided. They both lacked BIGTIME. The directions were a printout from years ago and I even had parts left in the bag not identified in the directions. Like a rubber bump stop I guess the tire is supposed to rest against but no mention on where or how to secure it. Plus, the bumper includes a rear 3rd brake light kit but doesn't mention how it gets secured. (Granted these weren't terribly difficult thing to figure out, but you shouldn't have to guess when your holding the instruction manual.

One thing that has been getting on my nerves but not the bumpers fault is the CB antenna. It bounces against the tire carrier brace when driving and makes an annoying noise. Time to get a quick disconnect for that and only install when needed in the woods.

Quick Reply: Got the xrc carrier/space mounted up