Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got some more trail time

Old 07-18-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some more trail time

Taking some of the advice I've read here, I've been taking the JK on trails every chance I get, in stock tires, with the sway bar still connected. Aside from mud and places where it just won't fit, she hasn't let me down yet. I'd have had more pictures, but I was too busy drivin'.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	still_stock..jpg
Views:	143
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	77355  
Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

She won't let you down.... Just don't let her down...lol. CHEERS!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good! I am in the same boat. Had mine out with stock tires on a couple trails this weekend and my rig handled perfectly. Very excited to order lift and tires soon!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks pretty good bud. You should try disconnecting the swaybar. It's super easy to do and makes all the difference on the trail.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wartoy
Looks pretty good bud. You should try disconnecting the swaybar. It's super easy to do and makes all the difference on the trail.
Next time I think I will. I just really wanted to get a feel for what it would do/how it would ride as it came off the lot.

Oh, I also dicked up the corner of the front bumper. Apparently, it's made of the same plastic my Rubbermaid cooler is made out of. So it looks like I'm going to do the Rough Country stubby pretty soon too.

Before I went out today, I had a mod list. After today's trip out, that list has changed considerably. Tires are definitely first on the list.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

oops, did I do that?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0362..jpg
Views:	76
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	77372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0360..jpg
Views:	84
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	77373  
Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still think the best bang for your buck upgrade is a set of more aggressive tires. Makes a huge difference. A stock JK with some decent all-terrain or mud-terrain tires can do some pretty amazing stuff.

(Don't get me wrong, I still want 48's so I can crawl over those damnable highway medians, I mean..they're just askin' for it )
Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sierra Tango
Taking some of the advice I've read here, I've been taking the JK on trails every chance I get, in stock tires, with the sway bar still connected.
How do you disconnect the sway bars on a sport model? Did you put in your own disconnects or do people actually get under there and go through the trouble of disconnecting The factory equipment? Confused?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DARB
How do you disconnect the sway bars on a sport model? Did you put in your own disconnects or do people actually get under there and go through the trouble of disconnecting The factory equipment? Confused?
Well you can get a wrench and a rachet and climb under there and unbolt the swaybar link from the axle then zip tie it out of the way, or you can buy some aftermarket ones like JKS or Teraflex which allow you to remove them with the pull of a pin. If you're interested, I have an extra set of Teraflex ones i want to sell (never been installed). I have JKS discos installed and the TF ones came with my leveling kit.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
I still think the best bang for your buck upgrade is a set of more aggressive tires. Makes a huge difference. A stock JK with some decent all-terrain or mud-terrain tires can do some pretty amazing stuff.
I agree 100%.

Quick Reply: Got some more trail time