Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got Rear Ended Today

Old 06-21-2015, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch!! Glad you are okay, where in Huntington beach did you get rear ended at? My buddy lives off main street. When we are over their place and walk around I always see people on their cell phones or not paying attention to the road when they are on main street. I almost got it twice trying to cross the street.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I can feel your pain..similar thing happened to me. I was behind slow traffic maybe going 30-35 and a lady hit me traveling 70+ while playing on her cell phone. The impact was so hard the unibody of her car was impaled by my tow hook and the two had to be ripped apart. Nearly $10,000 in damage. All is well now, and did get an aftermarket bumper out of it. Glad you're OK
How did a tree branch get in between both of you?
Old 06-21-2015, 09:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Ouch!! Glad you are okay, where in Huntington beach did you get rear ended at? My buddy lives off main street. When we are over their place and walk around I always see people on their cell phones or not paying attention to the road when they are on main street. I almost got it twice trying to cross the street.
Looks like it was in the fast lane next to the fast track lanes on the 91.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

glad your ok but i was rear ended by a drunk driver about 6 years ago and i still get nervous about getting rear ended again when traffic stops..
Old 06-22-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sporticon
Looks like it was in the fast lane next to the fast track lanes on the 91.
You are right Sporticon that's exactly where it was. When I saw she wasn't stopping I almost jumped into the fast track lane but there was traffic at the time. So I just shouted for my passenger to hold on and we had to just take it.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got rear ended this winter. I was at a dead stop turning left off of a highway when a guy doing 40mph hit me. Totalled my rear cross member and rear bumper. Now there is a nice atlas rear bumper on there. His car was totalled.

These jeeps take hits well. Hope they fix you up and dont find any major problems.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Machoo
Yeah I'm hoping to at least get a front bumper out of this. Lowendrider how did you handle it with insurance? Did you have them cut you a check? I def want to get a front bumper and winch.
The other driver was at fault so her insurance company had to pay. I had it towed to the body shop of my choice...talked to them and told them not to put the crappy plastic bumper back on there. The body shop got paid for the factory bumper and simply cut me a check for that amount.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
How did a tree branch get in between both of you?
When she hit me the two vehicles stuck together and spun around 2 or 3 times and went down a 15 foot embankment...taking out numerous trees that size.

Quick Reply: Got Rear Ended Today