Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got pouches? I do.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got pouches? I do.

During my normal driving around I found I needed a place to put trash, not regular trash, but stuff like drive-thru recipts, straw wrappers, napkins and other tiny pieces of trash. Call me anal, but I keep a clean vehicle, I hate having trash all over, so I came up with these pouches. They are small enough not to be obtrusive, but still hold a bit of trash...

Driver's side... this was an axe cover I retrofitted into a pouch.

I bought some canvas at the local fabric store and tried to mimic or copy the driver's side, but reversed for the passenger side, I also had to make it smaller so it would clear the glove box... now, please note, it's not the exact same color when viewed by these pictures, it also doesn't have all the rivits the driver's side has... but I had to make due with what I had.

Finally I copied them for the rear doors so my passengers had a place to put stuff, be it trash or whatever. (Note the trim doesn't match because I ran out of bias tape and had to make some using the canvas.)

Then I wanted to make something for the sunvisor to hold my iPod and all the various car charger cords for my spotlight and GPS unit.

I also recycled a piece off my laptop table. It had a battery operated LED light. I screwed it to the sunvisor so I could have a map light, since the Jeep doesn't have a forward dome/map light.

It's hard to take pictures of how much light it projects, but it's not bad at all, it's perfect for a map light. My mother-in-law sewed these up for me. She's great. What do you think?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The map light is way cool!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good I really like the pouches on the visor and the map light
Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I think your mods are great, very clever! The light is a great idea too. I might have to try that.
I see you have your garage door opener on your visor. I have one that is similar. It wants to slide off the visor. I folded a small piece of thin leather in half and sewed it along the long edge leaving the 2 ends open. This made a sleeve that I used to cover the metal clip on the garage door opener. I was then able to hang the opener onto the metal loop on the ceiling between the visors. The leather protects the loop from scratches and keeps the opener from rattling while hanging. Works great for me.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
That pretty much sums me up in a nutshell. My wife often makes fun of me for it, but I'll tell you what, she never has to worry about not having mouthwash, floss, a GPS charger, spot light, band-aids, MREs (food), emergency blankets, jumper cables, pain meds, sunscreen, a hat, a light jacket, Tic-tacs, water, lantern, flashlight, tire pressure guage, kleenex, window cleaner, squeegee, or the business card to her jeweler.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

WOO HOO! i always have a tire pressure gauge too!
lol nah but nice mods mate, well done!
it does come in handy having someone like you around.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 AM
JK Super Freak

great idea, like the visor pouches
Old 02-17-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good idea!!!!

Quick Reply: Got pouches? I do.