Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my UPS Delivery today............

Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Got my UPS Delivery today............

I made it home tonight just about 15 minutes before the UPS driver pulled into my driveway with my new wheels and tires

Tires are BFG KM2's in a 285/70/17 flavour, so I'm glad I didn't have to worry about having to run down to the UPS depot to pick these up because I don't think I could have got them all into the Jeep at one time They look a LOT taller than the stock 255/75/17 BFG MT's in the first two pics, but that's probably just because there's no weight on them yet.

The wheels are the 17x8 Mamba MR1's (+6mm) in the machined silver clearcoat finish, so they look virtually identical to the stock Rubi wheels...........yeah I know I'm boring, but I like the look of the Moabs

The MR1's definitely have a more "deep dish" look to them than the stock JK Moabs, so they're closer to the TJ Moab wheels.

I checked the backspacing on the wheels as soon as I got one unwrapped as I know there was some talk recently as to what the correct figure was. A rep from Mamba Wheels told me it was 4.6" and I came up with between 4.5" and 4.75" depending on where I took the measurement from (wheel lip or flange).

Hope to get them on the Jeep along with the TeraFlex Leveling kit this week-end.

***UPDATED August 29th 2010***

I installed my new wheels and tires today and I have to say the combo looks great. They still have a stock appearance but give the Jeep a much wider and more aggressive stance.

After I got everything bolted up, I took the jeep out for a quick drive to test everything out and there are no wobbles or vibrations of any kind. The two front wheels needed ~5-5.5oz to balance while the rears needed ~7-7.5oz............the spare was the worst of the bunch as it needed a little over 8oz.

I've got the pressure set to 36psi right now but plan to bring that down a little over the next few days once I get a better feel for the ride and handling. The tires are a little more squirrelly than the stock BFG MT's under braking and they do tend follow any grooves in the road surface more, but I'm used to that as I'm running a 285/40/17 Firehawk Wide Oval on my '02 Firehawk.

I didn't have enough time to install the TeraFlex Leveling Kit, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rake, so I'll hold off on that install for the time being.

Updated pics are below.

Last edited by Steve's 95YJ; 08-29-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Updated Pics Included
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I love the ups truck. It always feels like christmas
Old 08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jason mac
Nice. I love the ups truck. It always feels like christmas
+1. It's nice to greet the ups man with a smile and a big thankyou for the goodies haha
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look great.. nice choice... yeah the ups man is like Santa claus..
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve's 95YJ
I made it home tonight just about 15 minutes before the UPS driver pulled into my driveway with my new wheels and tires

Tires are BFG KM2's in a 285/70/17 flavour, so I'm glad I didn't have to worry about having to run down to the UPS depot to pick these up because I don't think I could have got them all into the Jeep at one time They look a LOT taller than the stock 255/75/17 BFG MT's in the first two pics, but that's probably just because there's no weight on them yet.

The wheels are the 17x8 Mamba MR1's (+6mm) in the machined silver clearcoat finish, so they look virtually identical to the stock Rubi wheels...........yeah I know I'm boring, but I like the look of the Moabs

The MR1's definitely have a more "deep dish" look to them than the stock JK Moabs, so they're closer to the TJ Moab wheels.

I checked the backspacing on the wheels as soon as I got one unwrapped as I know there was some talk recently as to what the correct figure was. A rep from Mamba Wheels told me it was 4.6" and I came up with between 4.5" and 4.75" depending on where I took the measurement from (wheel lip or flange).

Hope to get them on the Jeep along with the TeraFlex Leveling kit this week-end.
I'm like you, I like the stock wheel look as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they set you back?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I'm like you, I like the stock wheel look as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they set you back?

The wheels were $159.00 each + taxes and shipping to Canada. I ordered them from The Tire Rack as they had the best price of the four vendors I contacted. Even Mamba Wheels quoted me $165.00 each + taxes and shipping.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with you, the original wheels look great, but these Mamba's look fantastic! I think the black wheel thing is so overdone and i don't think black looks that great with every color. Will be lookin forward to seein those beauties mounted soon
Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I updated the first post with new pics of the wheels and tires installed.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Great Choice on wheels!

I too agree, those wheels look bad a$$. Nice job!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

They look great. Not too wide.

Quick Reply: Got my UPS Delivery today............