Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my plow installed!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that looks serious! It has that "get the hell outta my way" appeal!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

NICE!

I have logged many many years of snow plowing and that is one sweet set up!!

Looks like more fun then the 200HP 4WD tractor and 19' plow (yes 19 feet not a typ-o) I've driven in the past.

Let it snow let it snow let it snow = $$$$$ for mods
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by KM81
I dont post here much, but figured I would share my latest addition. I own a Landscape/Snow Plowing company here in Western NY. I have been plowing for 15 years and was in the market for a new truck this year. My Diesel F250 does all of my commercial properties, but I needed something that was maneuverable for my residential's but could also be used to tow my landscape trailer. Here's the details:

2009 Wrangler X Auto
Western HTS 7'6" Plow
33" Goodyear Duratrac's Load rating E
16" Alloy Wheels from Tire Rack
4.10 Gears
Timbren's in front and rear
Class IV hitch (custom fabbed)
Air Lift Bags out back
Hideaway strobes in reverse lights, 4.5" Nova wic 3's in rear bumper, Whelen Guardian roof mount lights
Tranny cooler
Superchips tuner
3" Sidesteps

In the process of building a set of Dana 60 axles that will be installed after this plowing season

Enjoy!!!

Attachment 219217
Well I wish you luck with that, but that looks like a hell of a lot of plow for a jeep....IMO. Not to say it won't work, but if you get a little too carried away it can, and WILL tear the shit out of your front end.....REAL quick. If I was to put on a plow on my jk, it would probably be a Lexan type w/ steel frame...SO much lighter and still real HD. Just so you know, I've plowed snow since I was old enough to drive (I'm 55). I currently plow with a Boss and a one ton cumins diesel. Good Luck, but take it REAL easy if you want your JK to last.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Well I wish you luck with that, but that looks like a hell of a lot of plow for a jeep....IMO. Not to say it won't work, but if you get a little too carried away it can, and WILL tear the shit out of your front end.....REAL quick. If I was to put on a plow on my jk, it would probably be a Lexan type w/ steel frame...SO much lighter and still real HD. Just so you know, I've plowed snow since I was old enough to drive (I'm 55). I currently plow with a Boss and a one ton cumins diesel. Good Luck, but take it REAL easy if you want your JK to last.
x2 Careful with that thing man. Thats got to put a ton of stress on the frame.

A couple years back I planned on getting a beater YJ and throwing a plow on for the winter season. Lots of Snow and lots of rich folk with big driveways $$$$$$$$ in the area of NJ i lived in
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by John_Mora
Nice! how much weight in that plow?
With the mount and wiring just over 500 lbs.

Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx
What was the$$$$ of all this
I bought the plow new at $4200 installed
Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Western made the HTS specifically for trucks with light front axle weight ratings. You also have to understand that the entire reason I purchased this vehicle is to plow driveways. Its a work truck, and I dont care if your using a Jeep or an F350 Superduty, plowing snow kills trucks fast. Thats why we charge a lot of money to do it. Oh, and the Poly plows with steel frames, actually weigh more than this set up, Unless your talking about SnoWay. A SnoWay wouldnt last 1 snow storm with the amount of work it will get

Originally Posted by D_engel
x2 Careful with that thing man. Thats got to put a ton of stress on the frame.

A couple years back I planned on getting a beater YJ and throwing a plow on for the winter season. Lots of Snow and lots of rich folk with big driveways $$$$$$$$ in the area of NJ i lived in
See above^
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whats the Mpg now??? Haha jk
Old 10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to post up some pics of it plowing when winter comes.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I could do without the white stuff

Originally Posted by conifers4
Very nice! I wish you much snow!
NO NO NO not looking forward to the snow. Here in Central New York we get a ton. Plow look good thoe!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to run a 9' on my 3/4 ton diesel truck. That looks like atleast 8'? That is a lot of weight for a Jeep; but if you clear parking lots it's time and money.

I strongly recommend a set of timbrens (rubber springs) on the front - they're cheap and will keep the front end from getting wrecked any quicker than it will anyways. You can take them off during wheeling season.

When you hit the end of a push and the front end slams down it'll be nice and soft. Not to mention when you catch a curb or pothole.

EDIT: re-read it. Smart man - those Timbrens will save the Jeep.

Quick Reply: Got my plow installed!