Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my new lift on, all done by ME!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new lift on, all done by ME!

Well got my lift installed finally, it was such a great learning experience. Did the front end first on wednesday, and finished off the rear end today. I already had a Rubicon Express 2" BB but their kit didn't eliminate the factory rake, so the nose was really low. My RE lift already about over 60k miles on shocks, and they were due for replacement. I also installed front and rear JKS track bars, though I have to repair my rear axle mount because it is starting to crack thanks to the BB relocation bracket. For now ill baby her around the roads, I have a TF bracket coming in next week that I'll weld on. The new lift consists of a Rough Country 3.25" Kit that I snagged off a forum member for cheap. The lift consists of 2.5" coils and .75" spacers, but i swapped out the front spacers with 1" teraflex spacers. Also btw I have a 1" body lift in both before and after shots, its been on the Jeep for almost a year.

Before:

Old stuff coming out:

Rear ready for new stuff:

New stuff waiting for home:

Got caught with a downpour today while I was putting the rear back together:

AND DONE!!!

Im happy to report she tracks straight about 98%, I dialed her in close enough that I may not even need an alignment, ill wait on an alignment till I get the rear bracket welded on. She feels alil smoother, probably thanks to newer shocks and springs versus the worn RE shocks.

This was a great lil job that gave me a workout

I did it all by myself!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Job well done.
The ride from the RC progressive springs is pretty darn good.

Don't wait too long for that alignment.

Last edited by MuddRat; 05-12-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It looks sweet, especially with the blacked out windows and just a touch of aluminum. I see you lost the hummer applique
yup I removed, I needed a change, I liked it but it was getting old, and I removed it just in time awhile back, and I even sold it to another jeeper in the area, he put it on and then took it off, wanted a refund

As soon as I got rid of mine a couple more Jeeps in my area popped up with them pieces now, i was the only one in my area with it on.

Only the front windows have tint, the rest are stock, but Im going to tint them all over again, front tint is already about 3 years old, still good but a couple knicks and scratches on the inside of the tint. Gonna go limo black all around minue the rear hatch, leaving the rear hatch stock.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MuddRat
Job well done.
The ride from the RC progressive springs is pretty darn good.

Don't wait too long for that alignment.
Yeah my lil bro said it felt softer, in some situations it feels softer and in some it feels the same or alil harsher, like rail-road crossings.

I dont plan to hold out long, my friends shop is ready to weld-in the bracket as soon as I get it, I would do it myself but I don't have a welding setup anymore, plus I dont want to risk screwing up my welds lol.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE JOB
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Solid work there! Looks pretty darn good
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Thanks, yeah it was hassle but worth it every second, sore as heck, the front took the most time, because my damn pup took one of the shock tower bushings, so I had to find a replacement, the rear took a 1/3 of the time.

Quick Reply: Got my new lift on, all done by ME!