Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my lift

Old 08-17-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my lift

I bought a 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift and some quick disconnects and started looking at what it would cost to install. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned where I took it out of stock configuration so I had no clue about doing it myself. I checked several different places and came up with a price range of $230-$580! I'm not broke, but I ain't no millionaire either. So I put a message out on the four corners page to see if someone would be willing to help me install them. jscwerve responded back to me, named his price and I was off to Denver!

I helped as much as I could, but since the last time I was under a vehicle was auto class back in 1980, I had to sit back a bit and watch.

Those are JC's gams under there!

The rear installation went pretty smooth. JC was nice and even gave me a set of Rubi shocks to replace my factory X ones. The front install had a couple of minor hiccups. The bolts for the shock brackets were a bit too big and the nuts wouldn't screw all the way on. JC was able to drill out the mount holes and had some extra nuts around...what a relief!

After it was finished I parked up next to JC's jeep. I pull up on a ramp so I wouldn't feel so inadequate!

It cost me less than $100 in "liquid refreshments", which I should've taken pics of but forgot!

I took it out the next day to a mild trail and got my first taste of what it's like to have the quick disconnects

The day after I took it to a trail (Johnny Park road, in Colorado) that was rated a 3, should've been rated a 4. But with my stock tires I was able to climb this hill, and a few more like it.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=101_2899.flv

Only thing I can say is this damn jeep hobby is costing me money!

Thanks again to JC and maybe we'll meet on the trails some day!

Last edited by zwvirtual; 08-17-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zwvirtual

I bought a 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift and some quick disconnects and started looking at what it would cost to install. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned where I took it out of stock configuration so I had no clue about doing it myself. I checked several different places and came up with a price range of $230-$580! I'm not broke, but I ain't no millionaire either. So I put a message out on the four corners page to see if someone would be willing to help me install them. jscwerve responded back to me, named his price and I was off to Denver!

I helped as much as I could, but since the last time I was under a vehicle was auto class back in 1980, I had to sit back a bit and watch.

Those are JC's gams under there!

The rear installation went pretty smooth. JC was nice and even gave me a set of Rubi shocks to replace my factory X ones. The front install had a couple of minor hiccups. The bolts for the shock brackets were a bit too big and the nuts wouldn't screw all the way on. JC was able to drill out the mount holes and had some extra nuts around...what a relief!

After it was finished I parked up next to JC's jeep. I pull up on a ramp so I wouldn't feel so inadequate!

It cost me less than $100 in "liquid refreshments", which I should've taken pics of but forgot!

I took it out the next day to a mild trail and got my first taste of what it's like to have the quick disconnects

The day after I took it to a trail (Johnny Park road, in Colorado) that was rated a 3, should've been rated a 4. But with my stock tires I was able to climb this hill, and a few more like it.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=101_2899.flv

Only thing I can say is this damn jeep hobby is costing me money!

Thanks again to JC and maybe we'll meet on the trails some day!
looks good man! congrats.

Quick Reply: Got my lift