Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my lift!!!! 3.5" RC

Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double check the links as mentioned. Did the kit come with new control arms? If so have the mounting bolts checked. Mine was creaking and rattling immediately after the lift was installed and it turned out one was not tightened enough. I've had my lift in for about 2 weeks now and I just tightened up one of my rear ones that loosened since the lift was installed. My rattle/creak is gone now.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok. Pocket is pissed!! Lat night I was heading to he interstate to head to i10 and Pensacola bound. Then I hear and feel bump bump bump. Slow down and something caught my attn in my side mirror.... The back drivers wheel wobbling like it's about to fame off. Immediately I pulled over to find my back wheel was abt to fall OFF one stud had broken off completely and every other lug was loose enough I was able to tighten them with my fingers on that wheel. Got the lug wrench out to check the others. Every single lug nut on all the other wheels was loose and every one took at least 2 full turns to tighten.

While hat back wheel wobbled around on the studs, it f'ed up the threading on the other studs of this wheel spacer. Also. My wheel is shot to he'll and back since it wobbled around on the studs in urn hollowing out the stuf holes on the wheel..
Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Ohh DAM!!! I'd be pissed too!! I'd go back to the shop that installed everything. Have them double check all your fasteners. You need to do that a short time after the initial install and will need to do it periodically especially after wheeling. Sorry to hear about your wheel. It sucks, don't know where you had it installed but would definately go back to them and throw it back at them.

Quick Reply: Got my lift!!!! 3.5" RC