Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my 2012 JKU RUBI VIN today!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MountainJKUnlimited
I ordered my 2012 white JKUR on 8/31/11 at 6:33pm. I put my email address down on the configuration page, but is that enough? I want to get my VIN and be able to check the status of my jeep!

2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
5-Speed Auto Trans
4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
Bright White Clear Coat
Black Cloth Seats
Black 3-Piece Hard Top
Supplemental Frt Seat Air Bags
Connectivity Group
Max Tow Package

MSRP = $37,475
Invoice = $35,163
My price = $34,811 (FFP)

Call this number and give them your VON #. 1-800-992-1997. My deaer told me that based off when I ordered, 8/30, that it would not get picked up by Chrysler for build until mid September. he was wrong, it was picked up and scheduled the next day and put into D-1 status, which is build status. if you search for VON there are a few threads about what you can do and how you can check.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Call this number and give them your VON #. 1-800-992-1997. My deaer told me that based off when I ordered, 8/30, that it would not get picked up by Chrysler for build until mid September. he was wrong, it was picked up and scheduled the next day and put into D-1 status, which is build status. if you search for VON there are a few threads about what you can do and how you can check.
I don't have a VON either... the number I got is the dealership's deal/stock no.
Guess I need to call and speak with the sales manager this morning...
Old 09-02-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

You don't want to know how much JEEP wranglers are in my neck of the woods, a 2011 model Sahara Unlimited 4dr (only available on stock) will set you back 76k $ Brunei (63k $US), I paid only slightly less for my 2010 unlimited. Together with mods my beloved jeep has dug a 85k $US hole in my pocket......all worth while dig though, just saying that you guys have cheap cars
Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
MSRP was $38540, INV was $36,111, Paid $34,611. $1500 (4.15%) below INV. Hoping it is as sweet in person as it is in my mind
Congrats on the new Jeep!

Did you use USAA or TL discount?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK.Smith
Congrats on the new Jeep!

Did you use USAA or TL discount?
I found the lowest price in the country through USAA, which was in Dunn NC. it varies from dealer to dealer. My local dealers were each around $400 under INV through USAA. Used that price here locally as we have two major dealers to compete and through in one mega dealer in ATL to drive it little lower. The dealer in ATL probably would ahve gone even lower but he knew what his purpose was in my negotiations It can be had, jsut takes some leg work
Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, I was following you in your other thread when your were doing your negotiation and I was curious of what your final decision was going to be. Glad to see your got what you wanted.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called the 1-800 number with my VON and the lady said she couldn't find Amy information on it and to check with my dealership because they might have better luck... Does anyone know what this might mean? Maybe the dealership just placed the order when I called to get the VON?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MountainJKUnlimited
I called the 1-800 number with my VON and the lady said she couldn't find Amy information on it and to check with my dealership because they might have better luck... Does anyone know what this might mean? Maybe the dealership just placed the order when I called to get the VON?
I had a VON # when they placed the order at the dealership. Ir eally was not expecting anything so quickly when I called, but she already ahd the VIN. Did she nto even tell you a "stage" associated with the VON?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK.Smith
Cool, I was following you in your other thread when your were doing your negotiation and I was curious of what your final decision was going to be. Glad to see your got what you wanted.
Yes, I was able to get a pretty good deal. I asked the GM how long he thought it would be before he made another deal like that and he said "never" He did not anticpate having to drop below invoice on a 2012 Wrangler again until next November or December. I asked him why he did mine and he said that he could tell that I was serious about going across town and with limited inventory on the road, he wanted his sticker on my Jeep

Quick Reply: Got my 2012 JKU RUBI VIN today!