Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my 2009 jk!!!!! Lots of pics!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3
Awesome pictures! Especially the comparison shots with the old Willys!

I personally feel that if it's your jeep, it's yours to do as you please. If you want to blow it up for a stunt in a movie, that's fine, you paid for it. If you want to baby it and never take it off road, it's your money, do with it as you please. Why is there all this hating from one side to another? We all have different tastes and likes and that's fine! It would be pretty boring if everyone treated their jeep the same way and everyone's jeep looked the same.

I personally don't see the function of having the windshield down other than better visibility when rock crawling but even then your hood is still in the way. I might do it someday just to do it but it might be awhile. I find it troublesome enough to take the hard top off yet overall it's not really that difficult. And I love having it off. I like how free it is with it off. I'd like to get the doors off someday as well. Wish I could get some half doors but they're so expensive! High rock makes some nice tubed ones that could suffice.

Anyway, Jeeps were designed and intended for enjoying the great outdoors and being the most capable offroad vehicle there is stock. And it is just that!

So stop hating each other and get out there and enjoy your Jeeps the best way you see fit!
GET YOUR DOORS OFF!!!! Once you see how easy it is, you can take them on and off all the time. After the first time (when you have to remove the torx screws, very easy,) It only takes about 1 minute or less to remove them!!

GO GO GO!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
GET YOUR DOORS OFF!!!! Once you see how easy it is, you can take them on and off all the time. After the first time (when you have to remove the torx screws, very easy,) It only takes about 1 minute or less to remove them!!

GO GO GO!!!!
It's awesome how easy they've made it to take them off. Only thing I worry about is the mirrors. I would like to have a relocation kit before driving too much without the doors on.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
My .308

Grats on the jeep. Nice M14 also.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Ben
JK Freak

It's awesome how easy they've made it to take them off. Only thing I worry about is the mirrors. I would like to have a relocation kit before driving too much without the doors on.
Everybody should live in Texas! It is not a big deal down here, Drove the yj for years without doors, and drive mine without doors now, and never had anything but thumbs up from dps and police.

Of course I might get busted tomorrow, but all you have to do is put the doors on when you go to the court and show that you have "fixed it," the court will dismiss the ticket. Yes that is time out of your life, but that is only if a cop wants to be a stickler about it.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome pictures! Especially the comparison shots with the old Willys!

I personally feel that if it's your jeep, it's yours to do as you please. If you want to blow it up for a stunt in a movie, that's fine, you paid for it. If you want to baby it and never take it off road, it's your money, do with it as you please. Why is there all this hating from one side to another? We all have different tastes and likes and that's fine! It would be pretty boring if everyone treated their jeep the same way and everyone's jeep looked the same.

I personally don't see the function of having the windshield down other than better visibility when rock crawling but even then your hood is still in the way. I might do it someday just to do it but it might be awhile. I find it troublesome enough to take the hard top off yet overall it's not really that difficult. And I love having it off. I like how free it is with it off. I'd like to get the doors off someday as well. Wish I could get some half doors but they're so expensive! High rock makes some nice tubed ones that could suffice.

Anyway, Jeeps were designed and intended for enjoying the great outdoors and being the most capable offroad vehicle there is stock. And it is just that!

So stop hating each other and get out there and enjoy your Jeeps the best way you see fit!
You really need to take your doors off, it's a whole nother experience that your missing and its probably my favorite part about owning my rubicon. Once you take your doors off youll understand what were talking about and never want them back on. And anyone giving this guy crap is out of their minds to be on a jeep forum doing that. I mean honestly its the only vehicle on the market you can treat like that and it be perfectly fine, whats the worst that could happen, water in the jeep? Pull the drain plugs. Mud? Wash it out. I think you guys are all missing the reason owning jeeps are so cool. I ripped my carpet out the 2nd day i had it, and I dont have mildew or anything else. I give this guy major props for using his Jeep like it was built to be.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sw0cb
You really need to take your doors off, .....
OK!!! You guys have got me foaming at the mouth to take my doors off! LOL! I think I'll go outside right now and do it! LOL! Seriously, though I believe you guys. The first time I ever rode in a Jeep was in 1998 in a friend of mine's CJ-7 and I really never thought anything about jeeps before that. One day we went for a ride in his CJ on a beautiful Kentucky day (going to college there at the time) with nothing more than the bikini top on it and I remember it was the COOOLEST thing seeing the road go by fast right by your feet and the wind blowing in your face! I was thinking to myself, "This is awesome! I totally get this 'Jeep thing' and know why they are so popular." Little did I know that it was only half of the Jeep thing because since owning mine I have become obsessed with modifying it and wanting to do nothing more than hit the trails with other Jeeps!
Old 08-16-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

I guess your the first one on here with an 09
Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well got to admit this post made up my mind to go windshieldless. Windshield SUCKED to get down, but a few mods and can be done in a few mins ;D Well over all I LOVE it. The looks, The wind in my face, the comments ect. Pulled into a D&D and 3 cops approached, and looked it over, then complimented how nice it looked, and how I'm really using it for its built purpose ;D.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Embalmer;644126]Well got to admit this post made up my mind to go windshieldless. Windshield SUCKED to get down, but a few mods and can be done in a few mins ;D Well over all I LOVE it. The looks, The wind in my face, the comments ect. Pulled into a D&D and 3 cops approached, and looked it over, then complimented how nice it looked, and how I'm really using it for its built purpose ;D.

Very nice, think I might as well try this also, considering how nice it is outside. This thread is one of my favorites.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Sorry if this is a litttle off topic, but I just ran across this 1947 Jeep CJ2a forsale on Craigslist in Prescott AZ. prescott.craigslist.org/cto/805357382.html

If I had the $$$ I would consider picking this one up. I have not seen it in person, and I do not know who is selling it, but after reading about all the great comments about the one on this thread, I thought I would share.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01021201040301030920080820d21f61ec229d736859005db0.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	11996  

Quick Reply: Got my 2009 jk!!!!! Lots of pics!!!