Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got a lil air in the JK (video)

Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett490
it was out at blackacre aka Lucas rd aka powerlines coming out of the cartersville powerplant.

and you guys are hilarious! I jumped it about 5 times and that was the hardest one. Since the jump was uneven and I was landing right front first I decided not to go any harder. It was pretty fun though and I highly recommend it to everyone! lol....by the posts no one else agrees lol!
been there... you working friday?? if not, lets hit it up! i will watch you fly
Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha that passenger front tire took a beating. Bye, bye ball joints, hello bent axle tube!

Cool, glad it wasn't my Jeep tho..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbxBFb3A5ak
Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gajeep
our options of where to wheel in the greater Atlanta area are terrible. we all spend too much time at the powerline runs.
Yeah, that's why I'm moving out west.
Originally Posted by mkjeep
IMO you got lucky, stock jeeps weren't made for jumping. Glad you suffered no damage , but you were lucky. No production stock vehicle is designed for jumping, even though you may get away with it once or twice.
I've jumped the shit out of a lot of Chevy trucks and SUVs without any damage. However, IFS is a lot better set up for it. I got a lot better air than that a bunch of times in my old 2 door S10 Blazer I had back in HS. I got some ridiculous air out of my '08 Silverado once. It was completely by accident and surprisingly landed very smoothly. Maybe those Z71 jounce bumpers really do something.

I've tried jumping my JK over railroad tracks a few times, but its too heavy with waay too much suspension travel. I've jumped the shit out of a few rental cars too.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

i think it is funny how some of the people on this thread are giving crap for jumping. when half the people on this site take chances with ther jeeps on the rocks. what is the difference, we all abuse them and if I ever get a chance I will fly through the air. I used to jump a old nissan kingcab truck. we would fly down beach blvd in Huntigton beach in the middle of the night then make a hard right turn into a fast food restraunt through the parking lot and over a jump. in mid air the brakes would go on so that you wouldn't run through a nearby fence. Those were some great times.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk

lol I love that video
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

i can jump higher than you got air in that thing. jeeps were not made for jumping
Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default lets go

Originally Posted by 07JKX
been there... you working friday?? if not, lets hit it up! i will watch you fly
Im not working friday, send me your phone number and we can go out there.

Quick Reply: Got a lil air in the JK (video)