Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got a lil air in the JK (video)

Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

coooool!

to each their own..

Old 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your local to me... where were you riding? i want to go... not particularly fly through the air... but i want to check it out due to the limited riding in the area!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep!!!

I tryed that too!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Reminds me of what we did with my brother's truck. The only difference is his suspension is actually set up to handle jumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ZdaxDrPNk
Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO you got lucky, stock jeeps weren't made for jumping. Glad you suffered no damage , but you were lucky. No production stock vehicle is designed for jumping, even though you may get away with it once or twice. SERIOUS re-inforcements must be made to the axles, suspension and body to sustain jumps of anykind. Our jk's were desighned to crawl, that is where they excel and still then may break crap. Your jk, your money, if you don't have alot of money, you probably shouldn't do that again no matter what your friends may entice you to do.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

and the purpose of that is???

I will never understand why someone would abuse their vehicle like that. It reminds me of the guys would bolt 150 hp nitrous kits on their stock Camaro's running drag slicks and then wonder afterward how they broke their axle.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
your local to me... where were you riding? i want to go... not particularly fly through the air... but i want to check it out due to the limited riding in the area!
it was out at blackacre aka Lucas rd aka powerlines coming out of the cartersville powerplant.

and you guys are hilarious! I jumped it about 5 times and that was the hardest one. Since the jump was uneven and I was landing right front first I decided not to go any harder. It was pretty fun though and I highly recommend it to everyone! lol....by the posts no one else agrees lol!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats insane dude but awesome!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jumping a jeep is definitely fun, I did it SO many times with my old 83CJ I bent both axles twice all of my jumping was over railroad tracks though so all of my landings were on blacktop, got pulled over for it once too haha cop said I got went about 30ft .....the things you do when you are 20

I'd love some beefed up 60's so I could jump now haha probably not the best to do with a much heavier JK though
Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
What did he have done to it? Appearance wise it looked pretty stock.
Tubular control arms, plus RadFlo coilovers. Its about a $2,000 suspension setup, but only gives about 2 inches of lift. He still jumped a little hard that time though, and won't be doing it again since he doesn't want to hurt his truck.

Quick Reply: Got a lil air in the JK (video)