Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

GOPRO 3 Video!!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
I'm sorry I live in southern California so pardon the dumb question but was that snow sarcasm? It's January in Canada there's supposed to be snow everywhere....right? Cool video, I totally want a Go Pro everytime I see one of these videos.
Seriously? Vancouver doesn't get much snow. A couple centimeters shuts the place down. But drive an hour or two away into the mountains and you get some of the best skiing in North America.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chiromancer
Yeah... I'm sold... I shall pick one of these guys up when I'm in town next... Thanks for the video!

Now then... Where did you mount it? On the hood or the in the little cubby on the dash?
Used the suction cup mount on the hood for around $25
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only additional items I had to buy was the suction cup and a micro sd card.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burton50x
The only additional items I had to buy was the suction cup and a micro sd card.

What about a charger? All I got with mine was a cord to plug into the computer. How the hell can they get away with selling an electronics device without a charger?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be picking up the black edition tomorrow or Wednesday...

I'm curious, can you plug it into the USB ports in the jeep for charging... And more so, can it be plugged in and record at the same time?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm curious, can you plug it into the USB ports in the jeep for charging... And more so, can it be plugged in and record at the same time?
I have a GoPro 1, so I can't be sure. But with the GoPro 1 I just plug it in to a usb cigarette adapter. in side my Jeep. The output is 1A from the adapter. (It's actually one that came in a Griffin iPod charging kit.) I'd think the 3 would do the same. The thing to be careful about would be the output amps. On GoPro's site they had listed the dc adapter specs.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be picking up the black edition tomorrow or Wednesday...

Not sure about recording while charging but yes the USB can be charged through the navigation system
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by burton50x

Not sure about recording while charging but yes the USB can be charged through the navigation system
Well... I had an epic fail first time out. GoPro overheated and was down for the count for the rest of the day. Lessons learned:

1) wifi must be turned off prior to powering down the unit or it will deplete the battery. You leave it on if you want to use the remote or app to be able to turn the device back on.

2) charging via the battery back pack while wifi is on and trying to film at the same time will turn the gopro into an oven.

So... Bummed out about my first time with the device, but subsequent testing once we got home proved the unit was fine and some Internet research and playing with the device confirmed the issue.

So, now I'm just debating returning it and ordering some armor for my jeep as I discovered what happens when you are on an embankment and it is muddy... Thankfully the plastic bumper undented itself and the top of the pit I slid into didn't go high enough to impact the fender flare! I just wish I had it on video!

Quick Reply: GOPRO 3 Video!!