Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gobi Stealth rack installed

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gobi Stealth rack installed

I just received and installed my new Gobi Stealth rack and thought I would give my 2 cents for those considering buying one. First off, I ordered it from Sean at Northridge 4X4 which I plan on using for my future mods. They were super good to work with and gave me great advice as well as a good price for what I've found($1499 which included the ladder, wind screen, quick release and shipping). It took just about 4 weeks to arrive at my house.
When I first opened the box I was amazed at the care Gobi took to package this thing. Not one scratch or blemish which is amazing seeing that it was shipped from Colorado to Washington State to Massachusetts. My initial thought was how flawless the fit and finish was, which made me happy seeing that I just dropped nearly $1500.
The install was pretty straight forward and I was able to have it fully assembled in 3 hours by myself. I would highly advise having an extra set of hands to help though. Installing the main rack to the rear arms was tricky by myself but can be done if you take your time. After it was completed I was very happy with how solid it was, I can stand on top and shake side to side with no rattles whatsoever. Driving on the highway I only noticed a slight increase in wind noise, but after messing around with the windscreen a bit I was able to get it to the point of not really noticing it at all.
It is a bit pricey for a rack. But if you need the ability to have a rack on your Jeep with any top or no top at all, then the Gobi is hands down the best option. Low profile for an external rack, factory style fit and finish and really cool looking. I'm a fan, can you tell? I've already had people checking it out and asking me if it came with the Jeep.

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2971.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	359269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2972.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	359270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2986.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	359271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2996.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	359272   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	359274  

Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up. That looks nice man, congrats!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks really good, that is the rack I plan to get when the funds recover from the bumper purchase
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Looks really good, that is the rack I plan to get when the funds recover from the bumper purchase
You won't be sorry. I was a bit hesitant to pull the trigger, but when I finally had it installed I knew I made the right choice. I give it a way up!
Good luck!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 AM
JK Jedi

Looks good. Is it easy to fold back to remove the top or do you need 2 people?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now all you need is the 50" rigid light bar. For the top of course Just my 2 cents.
Besides you can't take it with you when you leave. Well that's my excuse anyway.
Just one word. awesome. Beer

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1795556311.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	359837

Ballast brewery. San Diego ca.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Looks good. Is it easy to fold back to remove the top or do you need 2 people?
Real easy to fold back with the quick-disconnects. You attach a provided strap to the front light bar and the rack then just pull the rack back from behind the Jeep. It just folds back and allows you to access the tops. It really is a great design! Quality .
Old 08-29-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gARY b
Now all you need is the 50" rigid light bar. For the top of course Just my 2 cents.
Besides you can't take it with you when you leave. Well that's my excuse anyway.
Just one word. awesome. Beer

Attachment 359837

Ballast brewery. San Diego ca.
That light bar is nice, but costs about the same as the rack did. My Hellas on the bumper cast plenty of light for me. I don't see the need to burn a hole in the ozone with the 50" rigid. But if you have the money I guess its cool?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very sweet . I need mo mod money

Quick Reply: Gobi Stealth rack installed