Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gobi Rack With RTT Pic Request

Old 01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
Don't have the magnolia, but I use the ARB Simpson III up there. It is very stable on the Gobi and easy to set up. I went this route because it can be used with an annex, and I have 2 cots down there. This way, our family of 4 plus dog can sleep comfortably. I have lights on the stealth bar and work lights on the rear bar with dual ladders and no interference. Just added the Gobi sunroof insert and mounted Rotopaks there, but there is room for more in this area. If you are concerned about storage, a trailer is a great addition. I carry all kinds of crap in mine, leaving the back of the Jeep open for the dog while driving.
That is a super sweet setup! This was my runner up if I hadn't gone with the Maggiolina.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07Rubi
Posted elsewhere, but here it is here too...

Maggiolina AirTop Black Storm Medium on 2007 JKU with Gobi Stealth

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/members/07rubi-715-albums-maggiolina-install-gobi-ranger-rack-jku-10221/
Here is my setup!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120116_190719.jpg
Views:	1467
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	265619   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120116_190913.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	265621  
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Posted elsewhere, but here it is here too...

Maggiolina AirTop Black Storm Medium on 2007 JKU with Gobi Stealth

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10221

Thanks for the pics.....set-up looks great
Saw your posts from early September on the other thread and was wondering how long delivery took once you placed the order.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebels Ride
Thanks for the pics.....set-up looks great
Saw your posts from early September on the other thread and was wondering how long delivery took once you placed the order.
I ordered November 1st of 2011. They were just about ready to deliver it by Christmas, but I was going out of town so I had it held until the 1st week of January. So ostensibly it took about 8 weeks, and that was with them ordering it all the way from Italy to their place in Arizona and then shipping it to me.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dallasc
Here is my setup!
That looks great!

I have a hard top as well, but it's currently hanging from a hoist 2500 miles away from where I'm living now. Not sure how I'll ever get it back on. I'm wondering if I'll be able to raise the Gobi to take the soft top up and down like I used to be able to do prior to the tent being up there. It's going to be a whole new ball game now.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dallasc
Here is my setup!
Very nice. How many can you sleep up there? I sure like the low profile of those Mag. tents when collapsed.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Very nice. How many can you sleep up there? I sure like the low profile of those Mag. tents when collapsed.
Supposedly two adults and a child. Two adults would be easy. Not sure about the child, but will keep you guys posted. I have an almost 3 year old.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks great!

I have a hard top as well, but it's currently hanging from a hoist 2500 miles away from where I'm living now. Not sure how I'll ever get it back on. I'm wondering if I'll be able to raise the Gobi to take the soft top up and down like I used to be able to do prior to the tent being up there. It's going to be a whole new ball game now.
That is a good question! I usually take the RTT off so I can tilt the Gobi rack back and install my soft top for summer. I believe you could have problems trying to tilt all that weight back. For me it's a chance I'm not willing to take.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Don't have the magnolia, but I use the ARB Simpson III up there. It is very stable on the Gobi and easy to set up. I went this route because it can be used with an annex, and I have 2 cots down there. This way, our family of 4 plus dog can sleep comfortably. I have lights on the stealth bar and work lights on the rear bar with dual ladders and no interference. Just added the Gobi sunroof insert and mounted Rotopaks there, but there is room for more in this area. If you are concerned about storage, a trailer is a great addition. I carry all kinds of crap in mine, leaving the back of the Jeep open for the dog while driving.
looks familiar

Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi ShakyJake,

Thank you for the complement! I can sleep 3 but with two there is sufficient room to move around more. They come in three sizes, small, medium and large. What I have is the small. To be truthfully, there are time I completely forget that it's even up there. I've never had a problem on technical trails with it up there.

Quick Reply: Gobi Rack With RTT Pic Request