Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gobi 2dr soft top pics please?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if want to sell the lights like you said, message me at jhb26len@gmail.com. I've been interested in buying some lights for a while but prices are steep these days. If they're in good working condition I'll more than likely be happy to take them off your hands.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bripsu
With the top up and all closed up, the sound is deafening starting at 45MPH. I mean no more so than with the top down, but I don't expect to be able to have a conversation with my passenger with the top down.

I'm definitely going to add the wind deflector. I'm also going to sell the lights (they came used with the rack) as I don't wheel at night. They look cool, but they aren't very aerodynamic.
With just the lights removed, the whistle went away and the interior noise was greatly improved up to 60MPH. At 60MPH, not the top began to oscillate.

Since I wasn't going to run big lights, I changed out to a Stealth light bar and added a wind deflector. I think the wind deflector has helped more than anything and I believe I finally have the right configuration!

Anyone want to buy a Gobi Ranger Light Bar?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a sat radio, and does the rack affect that? I hear that the sat antenna is in the sound bar.

Do you have a pic with the wind deflector? Do you get that from gobi as well?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJSJK50
Do you have a sat radio, and does the rack affect that? I hear that the sat antenna is in the sound bar.

Do you have a pic with the wind deflector? Do you get that from gobi as well?

Thanks in advance.
I don't use the Sat Radio, so I can't comment.

Here is a picture with the Stealth bar and the deflector. A bit dark on the exposure, but that's the only pic I have on hand. Gobi makes the wind deflector as well.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (13).jpg
Views:	592
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	180803  
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

With the top down and doors off, I didn't notice it.

Witt the top down and doors on, I notice it over the tire/road noise starting at 45MPG.

With the top up and all closed up, the sound is deafening starting at 45MPH. I mean no more so than with the top down, but I don't expect to be able to have a conversation with my passenger with the top down.

I'm definitely going to add the wind deflector. I'm also going to sell the lights (they came used with the rack) as I don't wheel at night. They look cool, but they aren't very aerodynamic.
In my on going quest for the perfect rack configuration, I have added the wind deflector and the noise up front is nice and quiet now. Now there is a slapping between the rear of the soft top and the bottom of the rack! I hear that some people have been inserting pool noodles in between the rack and the top to prevent that.

Ugh. If it wasn't so damn conveinent to haul the kayaks and bikes a few times per week, I'd be back to rackless if I only had the need for it once per month or less. The noise and PITA for soft-top are pretty strong CONs for me.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

The noise and PITA for soft-top are pretty strong CONs for me.
I was wondering, like for example, if you did not kayak in winter for example. Can you just take off the rack, leaving the front part on if you had lights?

Thanks for the pic's by the way.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJSJK50
I was wondering, like for example, if you did not kayak in winter for example. Can you just take off the rack, leaving the front part on if you had lights?

Thanks for the pic's by the way.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't. It would just be a matter of removed the 4 bolt/nuts from the light bar and 2 bolt/nuts at the pivot point in the rear.

Quick Reply: Gobi 2dr soft top pics please?