Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gobi 2dr soft top pics please?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gobi 2dr soft top pics please?

I've been searching and I find a ton of pics of 4dr and hard top applications. Who is running this with the soft top and more importantly with the top down or off! And how does it sound with the top off? Obvious there will be some noise, I have that in a light bar already.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Decided to go for it without getting any pics! So if anyone is in my shoes, here are some 2dr softtop Gobi pics. The Thule accessories work great too!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1579[1].jpg
Views:	3977
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	163484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1585.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	163488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1589.jpg
Views:	7182
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	163489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	163491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1580.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	163499  

Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome man!

How easy is it to connect the top part to the front/light bar when you want to remove the soft top?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dang man, that looks great how did that get shipped to you and where all does it mount?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the pictures, it looks great. I had wondered what that rack would look like with a soft top and it was a bonus that mine is a Redrock also.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Russrover
How easy is it to connect the top part to the front/light bar when you want to remove the soft top?
4 carriage bolts with locknuts holds it up front. The 9/16 GearWrench is my friend here. I've only done it once so far and I'd say removing those 4 bolts, hooking up the strap, tilting it back and putting it all back together again probably added 10 minutes to my soft top process. I'm definitely considering the quick disconnects already.

Originally Posted by larzpdot
Dang man, that looks great how did that get shipped to you and where all does it mount?
I bought it from a forum member in Indiana and I'm in Pennsylvania. Turned out that his buddy that trucks on I80 hits a stop about 10 minutes from my house every 2 weeks. We really lucked out... small world.

It mounts to the windshield brackets up front, then picks up the bumper mounts in the back (no drilling!). It also has a couple of rubber sway stops against the tub seam in the back with adhesive covers to protect the paint.

Here is a link to the install instructions.
http://www.gobijeep.com/Images/Gobi%...stallation.pdf

Originally Posted by Dirt Monster
Thanks for the pictures, it looks great. I had wondered what that rack would look like with a soft top and it was a bonus that mine is a Redrock also.
Yeah, I found a ton of 4dr and hardtop applications of the Gobi rack, but not much of the 2dr and especially with the top off.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THat looks bad ass!!! What kind of hit are you taking on the mpg's, is it significant?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vincent
THat looks bad ass!!! What kind of hit are you taking on the mpg's, is it significant?
I've only had it on for a week with and without the kayak, so I'm not too sure what the hit will be.

To tell you the truth, this might sound pretty eco and budget ignorant, but the MPGs didn't even cross my mind when rack shopping. lol I drive a Jeep after all!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bripsu
I've only had it on for a week with and without the kayak, so I'm not too sure what the hit will be.

To tell you the truth, this might sound pretty eco and budget ignorant, but the MPGs didn't even cross my mind when rack shopping. lol I drive a Jeep after all!
What about the noise...???
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
What about the noise...???
With the top down and doors off, I didn't notice it.

Witt the top down and doors on, I notice it over the tire/road noise starting at 45MPG.

With the top up and all closed up, the sound is deafening starting at 45MPH. I mean no more so than with the top down, but I don't expect to be able to have a conversation with my passenger with the top down.

I'm definitely going to add the wind deflector. I'm also going to sell the lights (they came used with the rack) as I don't wheel at night. They look cool, but they aren't very aerodynamic.

Quick Reply: Gobi 2dr soft top pics please?