Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Getting RIPPed....

Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting RIPPed....

Last edited by j33per; 05-18-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 AM
JK Newbie

All I see is
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm... hope it works now...
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Works now and looks great.

Any problems? I heard about the not-too-much-full-throttle thing. Still an issue?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately can't answer that question quite yet... Jeep's in SoCal and I'm in the UK ...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j33per
Unfortunately can't answer that question quite yet... Jeep's in SoCal and I'm in the UK ...
wat are you bringing that to the uk or are u moving there??
if its coming over here i want a ride
Old 05-18-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I had the chance I would emmigrate to the USA (Utah) like a shot! I would need someone offer me a lot of money for my business or win the lottery... either will do!

So unfortunately, the JK is being shipped to the UK as soon as the install of the RIPP SC is complete... I hope to have her here with me in Somerset by the end of July.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

If I had the chance I would emmigrate to the USA (Utah) like a shot! I would need someone offer me a lot of money for my business or win the lottery... either will do!

So unfortunately, the JK is being shipped to the UK as soon as the install of the RIPP SC is complete... I hope to have her here with me in Somerset by the end of July.
thats kl. as soon as i finnish uni i plan to move to arizona or that area, just so i can have toys like a jk on 40's but unfortunatley i havent even started uni yet
just as a matter of interest how much does is cost to ship a jeep over and what sort of customs charges can you expect to pay
well i hope you get her soon, i would get so pissed of with the wait.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
thats kl. as soon as i finnish uni i plan to move to arizona or that area, just so i can have toys like a jk on 40's but unfortunatley i havent even started uni yet
just as a matter of interest how much does is cost to ship a jeep over and what sort of customs charges can you expect to pay
well i hope you get her soon, i would get so pissed of with the wait.
Freight is but a small part of what you have to pay. There are customs charges on both ends and the dreaded modifications you have to do to make it road legal for the UK, then you've got to get it tested. Then there is duty and VAT. I am estimating all that to cost me the best part of £10K.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Freight is but a small part of what you have to pay. There are customs charges on both ends and the dreaded modifications you have to do to make it road legal for the UK, then you've got to get it tested. Then there is duty and VAT. I am estimating all that to cost me the best part of £10K.
ahh ok
just a thought, that bull bar on the aev bumper might be an issue if it has to be inspected. its now illegal to install them over but i dont know what is meant by "now". ie if it depends on the age of the jeep or when it was installed etc
as far as the SVA inspection here's what a guy had to do to his us spec one to pass. (remove underscore from http) it might be useful
ht_tp://www.fte.co.uk/fte4x4/jk/jk_sva.htm

Quick Reply: Getting RIPPed....