Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Getting ready to do the Hemi

Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve,
Glad to hear your Hemi swap is complete. Very jealous I might add. If you can conjure up another Denver blizzard I might have to drive back out to check it out and the new 37's

Take care,
Mike
Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow
Soooo....my only complaint (I am going to sound like a little old grandma now) is that the exhaust is a bit loud for me. It sounds pretty awesome and rumbles, but after being in the Jeep for a bit of time, it starts to wear on me. Does anyone have any recommendations on a muffler or a muffler/resonator combo that would tone this down? I don't necessarily want to make it completely quiet, but just less obnoxious.

My dream is to do the 6.1 + this option if its wont harm the engine of course in low idle speed with valve partially close

how about this site .........

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KSU_MAN_JK33
Hey Steve,
Glad to hear your Hemi swap is complete. Very jealous I might add. If you can conjure up another Denver blizzard I might have to drive back out to check it out and the new 37's

Take care,
Mike
Not sure I can ring in a blizzard, but feel free to head west so we can hit the trails. you need to put those new Toyos on some Colorado rocks.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emirates81
My dream is to do the 6.1 + this option if its wont harm the engine of course in low idle speed with valve partially close

how about this site .........

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
That's pretty sweet. not sure how it would work for off road applications as it seems to hang down pretty low....might also foul up in the mud?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow
That's pretty sweet. not sure how it would work for off road applications as it seems to hang down pretty low....might also foul up in the mud?

there are other products which looks different but has similar job just google for electronic control valve for exhaust

Last edited by emirates81; 05-04-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back when I had my Mustang I saw on a forum a guy took his stock mufflers and drilled a hole into them then took the lid of an oil drum and cut out the area with the cap and welded that onto the muffler... so it would pass inspections but whenever he wanted to have it loud and obnoxious he could just unscrew the cap and there ya go... instant noise violation.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question for others with a Hemi

There is an intake opening on the side of the throttle body...it looks like there should be a breather tube or something of the sort attached. I didn't see anything in any of the instructions that alluded to what needs to happen here. What has everyone done with this? as of right now, I just have mine plugged.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to do the Hemi