Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Getting ready to do the Hemi

Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are sooooo lucky
I just cant wait for AEV to come up with right hand drive kit. I will definately be going 5.7 Hemi from 2007 truck with 545rfe auto. Just cant wait
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call anytime you want. I will help however I can. Going to Moab will be back the 13th

Gerry
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV is doing their install in Moab.....does anyone know if they are filming the installation. Do you know how cool it would be to have an install "video" that we could get for their kit! If not, A step by step installation guide with still pics would be great too.

Thanks again for all of the offers to help, I am blown away at how willing everyone is to help.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys all rock great help always and very friendly keep it up
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

FJ80fornow,
I just completed my AEV DIY installed via Gerry and SLC's help! I went with the 5.7L truck engine and overall it has worked out GREAT! Did I say great, I meant OUTSTANDING!!! The AEV kit is a awesome kit to go with when you're doing it yourself and if I can lend my assitance to your project, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will PM you my cell.

Good luck, Ben

Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question?

I am waiting for the engine to be built, so I am preparing the engine bay with the AEV kit...i.e. motor mounts, steering bracket etc.

Does anyone know if I can install the battery tray prior to dropping in the engine... will it interfere? I am not doing the body off method, so space is going to be tight anyway.... just thought I would get as much done as possible while waiting.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow
I am waiting for the engine to be built, so I am preparing the engine bay with the AEV kit...i.e. motor mounts, steering bracket etc.

Does anyone know if I can install the battery tray prior to dropping in the engine... will it interfere? I am not doing the body off method, so space is going to be tight anyway.... just thought I would get as much done as possible while waiting.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,
I would wait. I had my Hemi in and then out and while I was waiting I thought the same thing but I knew that it was close so I didn't put it in until the engine was back in. It is tight sliding in so I would wait. Just take the time to clean and paint the steering box and the engine compartment in general.

Ben
Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was afraid you were going to say this....but thanks for the advice. After grinding the opening for the steering adapter, I touched up the bare metal with paint, then applied silicone around the entire opening. I didn't see that I needed to do anything else?

By the way, doing that steering plate and having to snake in under the seat to get at the steering linkage was a PITA. Granted I'm 240 lbs., but still tough to get in there.

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
Steve,
I would wait. I had my Hemi in and then out and while I was waiting I thought the same thing but I knew that it was close so I didn't put it in until the engine was back in. It is tight sliding in so I would wait. Just take the time to clean and paint the steering box and the engine compartment in general.

Ben
Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Looks great Ben glad to see more wanting the Hemi Bump

Gerry
Old 04-26-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looking for a Part

Well...the engine is now in, and we are just tying up loose ends. Should have it running by mid-week.

I need HELP finding one part. There is a small wiring harness that I believe is factory to the 5.7L motor. This harness connects the AEV harness to the MDS solenoids. Should have a total of 5 connectors on it (1 plugs into the gray terminal on the AEV harness, and the other 4 plug into each of the remote MDS terminals)

AEV?
Screamin Lizard?
Anyone?

Jeep/Mopar does not show this as a stand alone part, and I am certainly not going to purchase an entire harness for a 5.7L. I will try the local scrap yards, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Also, do any of the sponsors or experts know if I can just bypass this and pull the intake manifold to install later once I find the harness?

Thanks!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Getting ready to do the Hemi