Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gettin' Some Umpf To my Jeep!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you told your parents that you'll be getting 11 mpg with the new setup? I hope they're paying for your gas too, because you're not going to be able to paint enough houses or build enough fences to feed that monster.

I think it's really funny to watch short people stagger in and out of big lifted rigs on huge tires. Here's a pic of my brother and I stepping into a JK with a 2.5" BB and 32" tires. Keep in mind that I'm 6'4" and he's 6'3".

See how we have to stand on our toes to get our butts up to seat height? And to think--your Jeep is going to be 5 inches higher than that. I recommend that you invest in a small step ladder.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryno
Have you told your parents that you'll be getting 11 mpg with the new setup? I hope they're paying for your gas too, because you're not going to be able to paint enough houses or build enough fences to feed that monster.

I think it's really funny to watch short people stagger in and out of big lifted rigs on huge tires. Here's a pic of my brother and I stepping into a JK with a 2.5" BB and 32" tires. Keep in mind that I'm 6'4" and he's 6'3".

See how we have to stand on our toes to get our butts up to seat height? And to think--your Jeep is going to be 5 inches higher than that. I recommend that you invest in a small step ladder.
Looks more cumbersome to get in with long legs vs short bodies?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Looks more cumbersome to get in with long legs vs short bodies?
Yeah, maybe so. I have to duck my head, get my butt up high enough, AND get my right knee around the steering wheel before I can plop down in the seat. You get used to it after a while.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea they want me to focus on my grades so they are going to help me with gas, plus it helps that I live 5 miles from my school !

YOu call 6'3"-6'4" short. DanG! I must be a midget! I'm like 5'9, and thats give me some extra to feel good!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ewok
Yea they want me to focus on my grades so they are going to help me with gas, plus it helps that I live 5 miles from my school !

YOu call 6'3"-6'4" short. DanG! I must be a midget! I'm like 5'9, and thats give me some extra to feel good!
My parents were the same way. I grew up in Johnson County, KS, which I believe is still the most affluent county in the entire midwest. We didn't get the "spoiled brat" comments because everyone there was a spoiled brat.

Nah, I think 6'4" is pretty tall by anyone's standards. I just get a good laugh every time I see short people climbing into enormous trucks.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

My parents were the same way. I grew up in Johnson County, KS, which I believe is still the most affluent county in the entire midwest. We didn't get the "spoiled brat" comments because everyone there was a spoiled brat.

Nah, I think 6'4" is pretty tall by anyone's standards. I just get a good laugh every time I see short people climbing into enormous trucks.
Sounds very similar with my town! I'll be sure and video tape me getting into my Jeep so you can have a good laugh! The funniest video would be this kid from my school who is almost legally a midget! He is 4'9" and has a 2007 Chevy on 42's! He has a hydraulic step that drops down when he unlocks it! It's hilarious
Old 08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, with a screen name like Ryno, thought you'd be a bit beefier
Should change it to Giraffe or Flamingo maybe? JJ by the way!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Man, with a screen name like Ryno, thought you'd be a bit beefier
Should change it to Giraffe or Flamingo maybe? JJ by the way!

Yeah, yeah... I'm only 19. I still have a couple of years to fill out. Plus, that picture was taken last August.

My username is Ryno because my name is Ryan...

Oh, can you dunk a ball on a regulation height goal? Didn't think so!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 6"3 and 250lbs. I'm a certifiable beast.

Edit:

My truck is still at stock height to. Can't decide on whether I'm gonna keep it and lift as well as get some 33"s since my tires are bald or sell it an get a JK...
Old 08-09-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Da Hui
I'm 6"3 and 250lbs. I'm a certifiable beast.
Congratulations!

Quick Reply: Gettin' Some Umpf To my Jeep!