Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

German's Lifted Rubicon

Old 12-27-2006, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowboypunk
wayoflife was just talking about this issue. he is going to go get his computer flashed and reprogramed to run more eff. with the larger tires -saying it will correc t that problem...let me know if it works out...
I went today to get mine flashed for that reason. They claimed they only have certain sized tires to plug into there program. Nothing as big as 35", only stock sizes. What are they thinking? I started a thread about this today in the modified section.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean
Oh, man....Awesome proportions. Beautiful...

I love that rake, why does everyone want to get rid of it?!
I dunno

I like the slight rake. I think it looks great that way.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigO
VERY nice looking Rubicon. That's how I'd like mine to look in a couple months.

Did you notice a loss in acceleration with the 35" tires?

Also, can you tell me how far your tread is sticking out beyond the edge of the fender flares? That's an inspection issue where I live.

As for your tires, chalk me up under "black side out".
Took off the track bar relocation bracket today and the acceleration problems (as well a steering problems and ESP problems) were solved. Thanks for all of the help on this forum. I can safely drive over 15 miles per hour again.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by German
Took off the track bar relocation bracket today and the acceleration problems (as well a steering problems and ESP problems) were solved. Thanks for all of the help on this forum. I can safely drive over 15 miles per hour again.
Nice. Thanks for the tip. That will save a headache.

Question...your rear tires look like they moved forward and are pretty darn close to the end of the stock rock rail. Have you had a chance to flex it yet to see if there's an interference at that point?

Also, any vibrations on the highway from the drive shafts, etc.?

Thanks...
Old 12-30-2006, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigO
Nice. Thanks for the tip. That will save a headache.

Question...your rear tires look like they moved forward and are pretty darn close to the end of the stock rock rail. Have you had a chance to flex it yet to see if there's an interference at that point?

Also, any vibrations on the highway from the drive shafts, etc.?

Thanks...
You can see that when the springs are compressed in the rear that the tires are pretty much centered in the wheel well, but there is definitely contact with the stock rock rails. I don't know if this will be a big issue in the future, but if someone has a fix, I would definitely appreciate the input.

No vibration issues at all by the way.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just buy the adjustable control arms and move the axle back again. When you lift a vehicle it brings the axles together(a little). I will be doing this down the road. Thats the beauty of the Full Traction Economy lift. You can add a little at a time.

My first preference is the front adjustable track bar($179). If you notice, by not using the relocation bracket, your wheels stick out the drivers side a 1/2" further than the passenger side. The adjustable track bar will take care of this). A 1/4" to the right and your centered again. Not a big deal but not a big price either.

I am also going to be putting on the Upper adjustable control arms($229?) to bring the tilt of the front axle back to the stock position. Again, by raising up, you tilt the front axlel forward a few degrees.(caster) This will help with any slight wandering you might be feeling in your steering.

I have both of these products on order and as soon as I get them in and on I will let you all know if it makes a difference.

I am talking like an expert here(I think) and I am not. These are things I am learning from getting help with these mods instead of just taking my jeep to an offroad shop and paying someone to do them. It is all part of the fun Jeep experience. Heck when I started, I thought a rear sway bar was a place to get really drunk!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Default Thanks Rubimon

Thanks Rubimon for the lift info. I had a 4 inch put on my CJ7 a few years ago but I'm going to do the 3 inch Full Traction one myself. I read the write-up on your rig and it looks pretty fairly straight forward. While I'm a good weekend mechanic I've got a friend who's good with a wrench which means we know just enough to really get into trouble.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

German: any before/after pics?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jsherman
German: any before/after pics?
My before pics were in another post. German's Rubicon I believe. Here is one "before and after" though. Sorry they are not exactly the same view.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking rig man. I'm about to order a black rubi unlimited.

Quick Reply: German's Lifted Rubicon