Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

German's Lifted Rubicon

Old 12-23-2006, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice, what back spacing are on these wheels.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigO
VERY nice looking Rubicon. That's how I'd like mine to look in a couple months.

Did you notice a loss in acceleration with the 35" tires?

Also, can you tell me how far your tread is sticking out beyond the edge of the fender flares? That's an inspection issue where I live.

As for your tires, chalk me up under "black side out".
Didn't notice a loss of acceleration too bad. Not like I would have expected. The automatic shifts different to keep it up to speed on the highway. It's at those speeds that you notice a loss of torque, but there again, not much loss in get up and go off the line.

As far as the tread sticking out, I would say 2" or so past the fender flair. The wheels have a 5" backspacing (17x9). The edge of the wheels are pretty close to the edge of the fender flairs. That is about the furthest you would be able to tuck those 12.5" tires without scrubbing badly.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered 35's x 13 /18. Tires. The rim is 18 x 10 with a 4 1/2" Backspace The rim is 5x 5.5 bolt pattern so I’m using spidertrex adapters 1 3/8. I`ve been holding off ordering the Bushwhackers flairs but after reading your post, I should probably order them. What do you think?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

So your saying the tires or the wheels are lined up with the fender flares? From the pics, it looks like the tires aren't sticking outside of the flares. Is this the actual case?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkmon
So your saying the tires or the wheels are lined up with the fender flares? From the pics, it looks like the tires aren't sticking outside of the flares. Is this the actual case?
Wheels line up (pretty close anyway), but the tires definitely stick out past the fender flairs (2 to 3 inches I would say). If that is an issue in your state, I would recommend the Bushwhacker flairs. I like the look where the tires stick out slightly. I wouldn't mind if mine stuck out just a little more. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe you can see it with this photo.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

I like mine to stick out a tread or so, But i'm going to wind up with a 3 1/8 backspace & 13" wide Tire. so if I do the math . You have 2" past the stock flairs with a 5" Backspace & 12.5" tires, I would wind up with almost 4 1/2" past the flairs. Do you know how much wider the B/W Flairs are?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats fine, I can live with that.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKonorder
I like mine to stick out a tread or so, But i'm going to wind up with a 3 1/8 backspace & 13" wide Tire. so if I do the math . You have 2" past the stock flairs with a 5" Backspace & 12.5" tires, I would wind up with almost 4 1/2" past the flairs. Do you know how much wider the B/W Flairs are?
If you don't mind me jumping in, the Bushwacker flares are 2 inches wider than the stock flares according to their website.

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp...&search=Search

If you decide to buy these, shop around. I've seen prices for these vary by as much as $90.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by German
Maybe you can see it with this photo.
Thanks for the extra picture. That's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Quick Reply: German's Lifted Rubicon