Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Garvin Utility Rack Installed

Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garvin Utility Rack Installed

UPS delivered it today and I installed this evening. Overall I am happy with it. The material is thicker and better quality than I had expected. It came well packed, which is a sign of a company that cares. Once fully bolted in it seems pretty sturdy.
I had ordered the Olympic but Katerina changed my mind, but since I never did get the Olympic I really can't compare.

There are a couple of design features I would change, such as the fact that you have to use a separate metal piece that connects the rack to the side rail mounts Seems they could have simply made the tabs extending off of the side mounts longer.

I suspect the parts are used for multiple vehicles with different mounting widths.

I do like the fact that there is a extra support leg on each side, wasn't expecting hat an it helps take some of the load.

Again, so far I am happy with it and would recommend.

Tomorrow: Teraflex 1.5" performance levelling kit, OME Nitrocharger Shocks, and rugged ridge evaporate skid.

I attached pictures, hopefully they come through, never done this on the iPad before. Sorry if they don't.

Cheers,
Cory
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4225442310.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	160046   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2462078476.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	160047   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1086656317.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	160048  
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks good! I like their stuff....very well made.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I don't think the dogs will be as pleased with their reduced space (one is 80 pound he other is about 55.

I really can't help think of how pleasantly surprised with how sturdy it is. I was just outside admiring it. I yanked on it pretty good several times and the only thing hat moved was the jeep a little bit.

I may have to look at their roof rack
Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good point on the weight. Fortunately, I guess, I have plenty of time to stalk said roof rack. The utility rack, skids, and suspension upgrade have used up my credit for a with my "in-home" lender, at least for now. OR, I can balance it out with a winch, that seems much more reasonable, but then I'll just need the OME HD lift, vicious cycle really.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good I have been looking for a good one
Old 05-13-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

They changed the basket design from what was in quadratec. I like the way it looks more now.

Its the first mod my wife really got behind, she hates digging through our stuff when we are camping. This should help organize things.

Like I said, I shook it pretty good and it didn't move or rattle. We will see how it does down the road.

Quick Reply: Garvin Utility Rack Installed