Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Game: What did I break and how bad is it?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yea, like me...

only mine wasn't covered by anyone but me...$800 worth. sorry I only have the before now. will post afters this weekend

Old 09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=landshark;692534]only mine wasn't covered by anyone but me...$800 worth. sorry I only have the before now. will post afters this weekend

sorry to see that man, what happened anyway
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

your guess is as good as mine...I mean other than the obvious, I was driving down the road and I had DEATH WOBBLE like you wouldn't believe! I thought my whole front end was coming off. Limped into the dealership @ 7am and after looking at it they said that my trac bar and some other parts were bent. I called the shop where I had the lift put on and had them come pick it up from the dealer approx. 2pm. they then informed me that my trac bar bracket and stabilizer shock had broken off of the axle (ref. the pictures) (It wasn't like that when I went by to look at it at the dealership at noon) so they welded it up with gussets and plate and put some sort of skyjacker plate that bolts from my dif to the bracket and a new stabilizer shock. It works fine now except for some creaks and groans now and then. I think a few other things need to be addressed but it's fine now. as stated before I will try to post "post op" pics this weekend. I am also going to look into a double stabilizer shock set-up. this might be an issued for skyjacker to settle.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

So here is my two cents for what it's worth.
if they are going to repair it under warranty, have it done. If you have to pay 1800, forget about it. You can get a full dana 44 front assebly with 4:10--I see that's your gear ratio-- with a front elocker for less than 1400. It is a really easy install, everything bolts on. It took me about 4 hours total work time to swap my dana 30 for the new 44. The problem appears to be the track bar bracket, the bracket is acting like a lever and caused the fatory mount to break. i think an adjustable track bar would solve the problem. I don't like brackets.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by w.wood jeepster
So here is my two cents for what it's worth.
if they are going to repair it under warranty, have it done. If you have to pay 1800, forget about it. You can get a full dana 44 front assebly with 4:10--I see that's your gear ratio-- with a front elocker for less than 1400. It is a really easy install, everything bolts on. It took me about 4 hours total work time to swap my dana 30 for the new 44. The problem appears to be the track bar bracket, the bracket is acting like a lever and caused the fatory mount to break. i think an adjustable track bar would solve the problem. I don't like brackets.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Even though I didn't want to spend the money I also was like, hrm...perfect time for a D44 and lockers!

But the dealership finally got their shit straight and is doing all the parts and labor. I'm going to swing by the dealership tomorrow and let them know that this is probably going to happen again, and I feel very unsafe, and see if I can't convince them to split the cost on an adjustable trackbar and have 'em install it.

Quick Reply: Game: What did I break and how bad is it?