Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fun at the Sand Dunes in Michigan

Old 05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun at the Sand Dunes in Michigan

Went to Silver Lake today and had a blast. Here is one pic that pretty much sums up my day!!! Man, I am really going to miss the great wheeling in Michigan...

I apologize in advance because I have no idea how to resize the image...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

i don have the balls to do that
Old 05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

You shoulda seen the next 3 seconds in the air. And the look on my face as I felt all 4 tires leave the earth...

And this was not the first time it happened today, just the one time we decided to take a pic of it.

Had a blast.

And I couldn't be happier with my D30 and stock driveshafts.

Anybody else got pics of the JK catching some air???
Old 05-06-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Very cool picture. Glad you had fun out here in MI.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Oh how I miss Silver Lake! Grew up in Battle Creek, used to go there quite often!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Looks like fun!

A buddy of mine was telling me all about it a couple days ago. How'd you do on test hill?

Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

i love it...makes your heart pump faster ..right
Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stlfan06
Looks like fun!

A buddy of mine was telling me all about it a couple days ago. How'd you do on test hill?

Test hill was a cinch every time. I was worried at first, but the JK just bit right in and got up over. 4 Low, 8 psi, got up to 3rd gear around 3500 RPMs, right up over. Just had to stay hard on the throttle through the freshly unpacked drifting sand on the top that was almost straight vertical. Only thing that made any hairy situations was not knowing what was on the other side. Went over one time, ended up sideways and almost rolled...went over another time to go down immediately about 3 ft, then right back up about 2 ft.

This pic was taken one of the times coming up over test hill. I told my buddy..."I swear I am getting some air up here on top, you gotta see if you can get a pic." This was the result. Needles sto say, I have a new background on my computer.

Those dunes are so damn steep its unreal, you really have to see it in person to appreciate the kind of angles they are at. I got to the top of one and my buddy got out to take another pic, and when he got out, he nearly fell over cause the Jeep was at about a 75 degree angle. He couldn't even get back in cause of the angle. It was a ton of fun. Only got stuck once coming up over test hill, but that was because I was pussy-footing when I got into the loose sand.

To anyone that hasn't gone, you should go and thrill/scare the bejesus out of your loved ones!

Quick Reply: Fun at the Sand Dunes in Michigan