Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Full Traction Track 4" Long Arm

Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OhhSeven
If you had to sum it up in a few points what made you pick the FT long arm kit over any other long arm kits?
First I had to debate if I even wanted a long arm. I decided I could get a better ride on the street with one so that's why I went with the long arm. Zero to do with off road.

Then it had to fit MY jeep, so Rancho and Rock Krawler were out. (My batteries are in the way)

I did not want a radius arm so Rubicon Express and Fabtech were out (I debated about this forever).

Then I looked at the kits that were left.

For some reason the Skyjacker just did not look beefy enough.

Procomp's rear lower arms looked puny IMO.

So then like then I was left with one lift I could install myself and some I could not. I debated about a month on whether to do it myself or pay someone. I really wanted to do it myself and the Full Traction was the only one left I felt comfortable installing myself.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MMO blk JK
for a second there... I was thinking "damn... I didn't know my Jeep could do donuts like that in the sand... thats bad ass" then i realized "ahhh hell... it's just another one of those mofos with a HEMI... damn it!"

BAD ASS JEEP! one of my favorites on the forum! well done sir
It you go out and get the aeroforce scan guage, it will shut off the ABS and you too could do a donut. Maybe not with as much sand kicked up but a donut.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poor camera! lol!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Doc_D
It looks great. Did you have a short arm kit before this? If so how would you compare the ride, on road handling and offroad handing between the two?

I had an OME 2" before this. The new ride is better, but I also have fox adjustable shocks so it would be hard to say. The springs on this lift are way softer than the OME's, but I had the HD's. That's why I got the adjustable shocks. I got the foxes just because I had the extra money by doing the install myself and they just looked liked they belonged on my Jeep.

Originally Posted by Doc_D
I'm surprised you had to cut parts to make it fit. Was it something special about your setup that required that?
There was a lot of cutting. And Full Tractions and other people who've done this lift know what to cut. It's just everything you have to cut is NOT in the instructions. A band of blind Chinese monkeys could have written a more complete set of instructions.

When I went to finish everything up by putting my half full gas tank back on I almost lost it when the thing would not fit without more cutting. I cut the arm of the tank and it still would not fit. Try lifting a half full gas tank laying flat on your back with one arm while your wife slides a jack under it. Not super heavy just super awkward while it's sitting on jack stands.

None of the following cutting is mentioned in the instructions.

The only thing I had to do special was I had to attach a new plate to the cross member for my transmission. I was prepared for that and it was not that hard. My setup actually made the install easier. I did not have to take off the headers just the muffler.

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 05-22-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added pictures of the gas tank
Old 05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
Poor camera! lol!
Camera survived without a scratch. When I actually watched it I saw a piece go flying I thought it was part of the camera but nope.

Here's another video. These things take forever to put on you tube. I think it may be the last one. The others are at least twice as big.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	badlands2.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24538  
Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 AM
JK Jedi

Old 05-23-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Well gave the Jeep the twice over here's what my 33's did to my rear lowers. I had ordered paint for the special handling UPS gives heavy items, but I expected this so I ordered two cans of spray paint. As soon as I get them they'll be touched up.

Other than a few loose nuts (Jam, front shocks, and the gas tank skid) the only thing I really killed was my power steering pump. And for the life of me I can't figure out where or how I did it.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

I think the stock steering boxes are junk, I had issues with mine in Moab. A local guy had his replaced twice, and his JK is stock
Old 05-24-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

great job on the install. about how many total hours of install time?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I think the stock steering boxes are junk, I had issues with mine in Moab. A local guy had his replaced twice, and his JK is stock
If it's the box atleast I'd know why. But I think it's the actual pump it still drives Just real hard to to the slower it's going. And it just screams and complains when I turn. But hey I'll get a new one then figure out if I can upgrade it.

Quick Reply: Full Traction Track 4" Long Arm