Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Full Traction Track 4" Long Arm

Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction Track 4" Long Arm

I installed a Full Traction 4" long in my my garage. I took a bunch of pics, but most of them came out over exposed being in a dark garage and having the flash go off. I did get some and if your installing one of these, the pics in my gallery are of steps left out of the instructions. Again I'd like to thank Piginajeep for helping me out when I got stuck. And if anybody ever needs help. I'll answer any question I can. And if you live around here I'd physically help on a Friday.

The pictures can be found here.
http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=1843

Since I did not get too many of the lift itself, My wife and I took some while testing out the new long arm and shocks.

Here are a few we took at the Badlands off road park.

More pics can be found here.
http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...59&ppuser=1434

More videos may be found here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/edivebuddy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Headon.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	24517  

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 05-24-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great man! do you think it was worth all the install work? Did you do it alone? How long did it take you? I bought a FT LA but sold it cause I didn;t think I would be able to install it without a lift. It is really a nice kit though. Those arms are some heavy beasts!

The jeep looks great! whats next?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sweet

very nice RIG and nice set up

I always want to upgrade from FT 3 to FT 4 with long arm!!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
looks great man! do you think it was worth all the install work?
Absolutely. It was a lot of work. And some stuff is not in the instructions. But Absolutely worth it. The arms articulate very well. There are no squeaks. I'm still playing with the shocks to see what works. I didn't even touch them once today though. I was having to much fun and trying to remember to take pics and get the wife to drive the jeep up some rocks.

Did you do it alone?
Most of it I did by my self. I did have a buddy over twice helping out. It can be done alone and it would have taken me about 10 hours longer to do by myself.

How long did it take you?
I don't really know. It took a little over 3 weeks. But I went to my parents house for a week. So two weeks working maybe 3 hours a day. Some of that time I was just not able to do anything because the instructions were incomplete. Example. The cross member would not fit. It would hit the cross member bracket so I could not bolt it up. I spent 3 hours just looking at it trying to figure out what the heck I was doing wrong. I sent a picture to piginajeep. He sent it to Full Traction. The next day they FT told pig that the bracket needs to be trimmed. I had already trimmed them when FT and pig told me to trim them. But it was 3 hours trying to figure out what I did wrong and two hours talking myself into cutting a part of the Jeep not in the instructions. Gas tank skid was the same.

I'm guessing maybe 45 hours of work. Some days I did not work because I was letting paint dry. But 45 hours of work.

I bought a FT LA but sold it cause I didn;t think I would be able to install it without a lift. It is really a nice kit though. Those arms are some heavy beasts!
I almost bought it from ya. I was still debating between doing it myself with the FT or paying someone for the TF.

The jeep looks great! whats next?
Thanks, nothings next until I figure out what the heck I did to my power steering today. But Axles are out because nobody makes a 5 on 5 front 60 for the JK, and I'm not buying new wheels yet. Bigger meats out because I can't get 60's yet. I do need a new rear bumper. I would like sliders, I still can't make up m mind on which ones to get. Maybe hydraulic bump stops?

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 05-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Nice set-up!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. sorry for all the questions, but thatnks for all the answers. hah. I was 99% sure that you were the guy interested that had the hemi but there was so much interest in that kit I wasnt 100% it was you. If I remember correctly you were worried the exhaust from the hemi would hit the LA... right? So I guess it isn;t an issue?

The jeep looks absolutely amazing man. I love it.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome. so... how would you like to come to arkansas, for say, oh i don't know, about 45 hours.....
Old 05-21-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Very nice
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Junkie

Very nice setup how did the cam hold up
Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Very nice setup how did the cam hold up
Not even a scratch.

I found the cables to the new video camera. I figured out how to get the video on to the computer. I've put some more on that you tube thing.

Granted it has nothing to do with a Full Traction Long arm. But it's under there Too bad the power steering is not

I did another one but this you tube thing takes forever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	donut.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	24521  

Quick Reply: Full Traction Track 4" Long Arm