Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade from previous LA

Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade from previous LA

I just installed the Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade kit. This is a slightly different upgrade because I already had a Rubicon Express long arm kit. I will be changing my system over to a complete FT kit as soon as I can. I have been happy with my Rubicon Express kit. I put over 20,000 miles on the kit and it does everything well.

My jeep was originally bought for my wife and started its life as a mall crawler. My job changed a year ago and I found myself driving a lot more. My wife's JK drove nicer than my LJ, so I bribed my wife by buying her a new Tacoma so I could have the JK. I am now using the JK as my daily driver and primary wheeling vehicle. I am finding my JK's limits. It leaves me wanting more flex and possibly 40's. I am hoping with this upgrade and a few more mods, that I will have a vehicle that performs on and off road extremely well.

I drove my new boss's JK (Steve, owner of Full Traction) and was amazed how well it handled on the road, so I am now in the process of trying to get my JK to handle as well as Steve's.

The first step was to install a Full Traction Long Arm upgrade. I did this in my drive way. I started on Fri afternoon and was done in time to make it to the Superbowl party w/time to spare. My driveway is gravel so I did one tire at a time. I did this slowly and safely. Hope you enjoy and feel free to hit me with any questions.

Installed upper mount before before removing lower arm.

Removed tire and lower arm

Cut off up arms and ground smooth.

Full Traction provided me with weld on bracket to replace the stock ones I had cut off for the Rubicon kit.

Installed arms and repeated above steps on the other side.

Next I lowered the gas tank, I cut off the front leg of the body mount. I then notched the gas tank skid plate.

Then I installed the rear mount.

I reinstalled the gas tank. I put the new Full Traction rear upper and lower arms in place. Then repeated on the other side.

A few pics, testing the new kit.

Looking forward to sharing the future upgrades.

Last edited by Hanson/PUREJEEP; 02-21-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Great upgrade. Good luck with the future mods. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for what else you do.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Very nice. How does the ride compare on and off road? If you have had time to test it out, anyway.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Looks great!

Very nice
Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default drooling

Want to upgrade from 3 inch FT to 4 inch FT with long arm but $$$$$$

Hey R8R ROK - do you want trade my 3 inch FT for your new FT long arm kits? HA!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Eeeeza Nice!

Last edited by Ctimrun; 02-21-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Jedi

Very cool, looks like it works well on the rocks.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

I have put a few hundred miles on it. So far the road ride is similar. I am really looking foward to changing out the coils to see if I can get it to ride as smooth as Steve's does. Off road it has only been moderately tested. I flexed it and it flexes very well, better as soon as I put longer shocks on it . I haven't had a chance to run it on dirt roads at high speeds but I am really looking forward to that test. I will keep you guys up to date.

Originally Posted by Robar
Very nice. How does the ride compare on and off road? If you have had time to test it out, anyway.

Last edited by Hanson/PUREJEEP; 02-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

NICE job and looks great.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Hanson Offroad
I have put a few hundred miles on it. So far the road ride is similar. I am really looking foward to changing out the coils to see if I can get it to ride as smooth as Steve's does. Off road it has only been moderately tested. I flexed it a and it flexes very well, better as soon as I put longer shocks on it . I haven't had a chance to run it on dirt roads at high speeds but I am really looking forward to that test. I will keep you guys up to date.
Cool, let us know what coils and shocks you go with and how it preforms.

Quick Reply: Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade from previous LA