Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

full roll cage

Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full roll cage

Has anyone built a full roll cage that works with the factory soft top? I am lookong for a build thread or at least some pics and advice.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would think that you would want to match factory roll bar specs so you could drill the mounting holes to connect the frames around the doors for the top and so that it would sit flush through the middle. Then you would have to look into how you want to handle the B-pillar since its the major structure there. Sorry wish I could help more but my custom cage build is so far away its just a dream at this point. Best of luck and hopefully this helped a little bit.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Yes I agree with all of your points. I built a full cage on my old TJ but the b pillar on the 4 door adds a new wrinkle. I have also heard of some going to the floor through the dash (on the A pillar) and some have welded directly to the tub at the windshield frame seal.

Quick Reply: full roll cage