Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Front grab handles

Old 02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front grab handles

I really wanted front grab handles, but I hate the way the after market options look on a padded roll cage. I thought this was a great idea, but I had removed my back seats making it a waste of time.

This is what I came up with.

It's a pretty simple concept, but I have to be honest. It is a real bitch to install. I drilled though the roll bar and bolted the handle right to it. The real pain is dealing with the foam underneath and the cloth cover.

As you can see, the passenger side still needs to be installed. It took me about 2 hours to get it right. It was freezing, but I also was making it up as I want along. I'll take some more pictures if you guys want when I do the other one. I wanted to get all the snags sorted out before I had to deal with taking pictures as well.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Former Member

Nice, looks good. I used velcro and stitched loops in the handle's strap. Removable that way...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
Nice, looks good. I used velcro and stitched loops in the handle's strap. Removable that way...
Did you attach them over or under the padding?

Mine seem to be on there very tight and sturdy. I REALLY hope they last long because removing them would definitely not be a quick process.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
I did a similar thing using 2.5 inch velcro straps. Stitched them up, then dropped a brass grommet through the middle of each side.

The OP idea looks cleaner, though. Nice job.

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to mention, mine are over the padding.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ralioth
I did a similar thing using 2.5 inch velcro straps. Stitched them up, then dropped a brass grommet through the middle of each side.

The OP idea looks cleaner, though. Nice job.

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to mention, mine are over the padding.
How is the grommet holding up in the nylon strapping? I was a bit concerned. The grommets don't really have any bite to them. They just kind of sit in the hole. I put larger washers against the grommets to take some stress off. I know it's only meant to hold an arm, but there's always that person that will tug the crap out of it for fun.

Quick Reply: Front grab handles