Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Freshly chopped Fenders!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshly chopped Fenders!

I used WOL's write-up and they came out great. Check it out

The taping process:

All 4 fenders removed for the trimming:

Finished and installed with cut sub-structure and rubber molding installed:

It's a work in progress, so far it's sitting on a 2.5" BB, 1" BL, and the trimmed flares. Next Saturday is reserved for trimming my rock rails, pinch seam, and dealing with my clearance issues with the stock bumpers. Then slap on my 37s! It looks crazy right now with all that clearance and the stock 32s haha.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

nicely done my friend - i can't wait to see what your jeep looks like with the 37's
Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
nicely done my friend - i can't wait to see what your jeep looks like with the 37's
Thanks, I hope you don't mind me duplicating your fender lines haha, they just look so sick!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:10 AM
JK Jedi

Nice job! Will look great with the larger tires.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nicely done, looks very neat with good symmetry. I like it....37s will fit nicely with room to flex a little.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did a good job on the fenders. Agreed, that mod looks weird w/o big tires and stubby bumpers though. Better get crackin'.

Edit: Why trim the rock rails?

Also, aren't most guys doing this mod retaining the inner fenders so as to protect the engine from debris/slop/mud/rocks/etc?

Last edited by opdsgt; 07-14-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omaha
You did a good job on the fenders. Agreed, that mod looks weird w/o big tires and stubby bumpers though. Better get crackin'.

Edit: Why trim the rock rails?

Also, aren't most guys doing this mod retaining the inner fenders so as to protect the engine from debris/slop/mud/rocks/etc?
Look how close the rails are to the rear tire, with 37s and this small of a lift it becomes necessary to trim them in the rear to make clearance for the tires, especially while flexing. Same goes for the pinch seam there also. As far as the inner fender side skirts go, I would like to reinstall them, at least in the front. The only problem is that I have to come up with a new way of mounting them because half of the mounting supports are now non existent and chopped off where it mounted to the fenders in the front.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Very nice, I think I'm going to leave the down turn in mine, still debating though.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormrider
Look how close the rails are to the rear tire, with 37s and this small of a lift it becomes necessary to trim them in the rear to make clearance for the tires, especially while flexing. Same goes for the pinch seam there also. As far as the inner fender side skirts go, I would like to reinstall them, at least in the front. The only problem is that I have to come up with a new way of mounting them because half of the mounting supports are now non existent and chopped off where it mounted to the fenders in the front.
I get it now, thanks for the clarification. Again, nice work.

Quick Reply: Freshly chopped Fenders!