Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Frankenstein's Jeep

Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenstein's Jeep

So, purchased a 2007 2 door JK a week and a half ago, this was billed as having a hard top and power windows/locks. Indeed it did have all the advertised features, but with one fatal flaw unfortunately. The other day I noticed that the power harness for the hardtop was non-existent. Also the Jeep came with only 1 key, and having power locks, I purchased a 3 button key. I went to the stealership this morning to get the key programmed. The service advisor came to me and said that for some reason the key was not operating the locks like it should.

So we went into his office and he pulled up the VIN and started looking at the features that had come as delivered. As it turns out the power windows/locks were added aftermarket as was the hardtop. So it looks like this truly is Frankenstein's Jeep as it has been pieced together over the course of the previous ownership. And with my acquiring it and looking at a 3 inch Full Traction Lift kit and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers along with who knows how many other mods.

So from now on the JK will be known as Franken-K, which seems completely appropriate.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Okieveg
So, purchased a 2007 2 door JK a week and a half ago, this was billed as having a hard top and power windows/locks. Indeed it did have all the advertised features, but with one fatal flaw unfortunately. The other day I noticed that the power harness for the hardtop was non-existent. Also the Jeep came with only 1 key, and having power locks, I purchased a 3 button key. I went to the stealership this morning to get the key programmed. The service advisor came to me and said that for some reason the key was not operating the locks like it should.

So we went into his office and he pulled up the VIN and started looking at the features that had come as delivered. As it turns out the power windows/locks were added aftermarket as was the hardtop. So it looks like this truly is Frankenstein's Jeep as it has been pieced together over the course of the previous ownership. And with my acquiring it and looking at a 3 inch Full Traction Lift kit and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers along with who knows how many other mods.

So from now on the JK will be known as Franken-K, which seems completely appropriate.

Nice that yours has a good name right out the gate.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah i added a hardtop to mine so i don't have the harness either.. I haven't added power locks yet though. I think that when, if i ever get rid of the Jeep, i'm going to put together a nice build sheet so the person knows what they are buying.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Yeah i added a hardtop to mine so i don't have the harness either.. I haven't added power locks yet though. I think that when, if i ever get rid of the Jeep, i'm going to put together a nice build sheet so the person knows what they are buying.
Thats nice to know exactly what is installed and has been done to it for sure, I imagine I will do the same for the next owner.

Also does anyone out there know where I might be able to find the wiring harness for the power windows/ locks on the body side. I picked up the stock wiring for the doors, but was told that the body side of the connection was only included in the full wiring and I dont see paying the stealership $110+ for the drivers and the same for the passenger side to get the wiring back to stock!?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like a tough job. check ebay, and ask lots of questions to sellers. Also check with salvage companies who sell jeep parts.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should see my Jeepster, its almost like the Johnny Cash song. Its a 58, 67, 68, 72, 79, 84 automobile.....
Old 10-21-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

It ok not to have the rear harness. I had the hard top from the factory but lately my wipers and defrost in the back stopped working. At least you know why, after a hour at dealership today they are still clueless as to why. O well I'm surre I could use this to get the wife to give me cash for a new soft top or trek top.

Congratz on the jeep!

Quick Reply: Frankenstein's Jeep