Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ford vs Jeep

Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i was suprised how well the jeep held up. Maybe the guy will learn to stop playing with his phone while driving.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check the inside of the tailgate for broken spot welds. I had the same kind of issue didnt look damaged at first but the next week when I was loading things into the back my wife noticed some broken welds. Just a little paint chipped off but still were moved. Hopefully its all good though.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I 2nd the check the tailgate. I had a similar thing happen, didnt see any damage. Kept hearing a weird noise while driving. Turns out that the impact just barely messed up the tailgate. Those things are fragile. I took it in and ended up getting an estimate approved by my insurance co for new fenders tailgate and front bumper when I was rear ended. wtf.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

It happened the SAME to me.

Got rear endend by a F-150 and didn't have a nick on my Jeep.... I guess the spare took all the impact!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Judging from the pics it appears as if your LOD Rear bumper and Tire carrier came off! Need to get that replaced.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Same thing happened to me in 1999. A Toyota sedan hit me from behind. Zero damage to Jeep, Toyota had a crinkled hood and trashed grill.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go for the check. Tail gate, bumper, spare, tow hitch. The insurance companies fuck us over when ever they can.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

definitely check the spare tire bracket/holder. remove the spare and take a good look. they are just that white metal shit, not steel and they crack real easy.

found mine cracked when i was rotating the tires and i am not sure from what......... they are damn expensive too, from a dealer at least.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Okay finally took the spare off to check the damage. No cracks on the mount and the spare its self has no marks or damage. There is a small scrape on the bumper above the hitch. The top left of the gate by the mount has a dimple and the bottom of the gate has some damage and there is a little hang right before the gate closes. Guess ill have to have it checked out. Still cant believe there wasn't anymore damage than that considering the way that truck looked.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JWKIB

I'd definitely get that checked out. It's the little things like that dimple that doesn't seem to big of a deal now that will come back to haunt you in a month..... Besides, that's not how your rig looked before you were hit and you are entitled to have your rig look the same as before you were hit..

Quick Reply: Ford vs Jeep