Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ford vs Jeep

Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford vs Jeep

Got rear ended today heading home. Came to and intersection and stopped to wait for a clearing to cross and bam got hit. After i pulled to the side of the road i really didnt want to see the back of my jeep after seeing the front of the pickup that hit me. Walked to the back and nothing. Not a scratch. Saw my tire cover was scuffed so i figured my spare was damaged. Nope. After going over and over it i finally found a small dimple on the tailgate. The spare tire and my receiver hitch to the brunt of it.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks for him
Old 02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats awesome. You should have fallen out of the drivers seat screaming in pain from a neck injury lol. Just kidding but that is great that the idiots car that hit you took all the damage.. It usually seems that its the opposite way.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

the funny thing is when the driver of the pickup got out he had a neck brace on. His excuse was that he got a message on his phone that his house alarm was going off so he was hurrying home cause he was being robbed. He was calling in the accident but was more concerned that they were sending someone to his house. The dispatcher was trying to get the location of the wreck and he's giving his home address
Old 02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

i think its the angle of the pic. when i posted it it looks tilted so i had to run back out the jeep to check. its still straight but like you said i do wonder what problems i might have down the road. gonna pull the spare to look closer once the rain stops.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trailer hitches are unforgiving
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he might had broken some spot weld on the tailgate :wink wink: You might need the insurance company to cut you a check for a new tailgate
Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a friend get rear ended in a 2010 2 door. Same thing, tire cover was scuffed, however the tailgate was bent just a little bit. Did not actually notice right away, so look good ! Jeep 1-Ford-0
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

ha awesome (not really but you know what i mean)

I already e-mailed this thread link to my buddys dad who is a ford only fanatic
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Hate to be a buzz kill but ive seen many jeeps hit from behind and they are tough as nails, But, it would be a different story if you hit him

Quick Reply: Ford vs Jeep