Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flush tali lamps for $30

Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to agree with the above. I'm surprised there are not inexpensive kits out tp do what you've done.

Might I offer a rcommendation? Get new sheetmetal and cut it bigger to look like the AEV corners. Would not cost much more.

In a year or so my rig will become the third veh in the household...then out comes the sawzall to make room for bigger meat with the same minimal lift.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
don't listen to half these jack asses, they wouldn't know a real Jeep if it ran 'em over...looks good man you saw the problem with the big ass stock tail lights, and solved it with in you financial means......It's a Jeep thang, they wouldn't understand
I don't need to add anything.... it's been said.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ain't pretty but it works.

It's your Jeep! Cut it anyway you want.

My neighbors thought the same thing when I chopped my fenders and my new front bumper.

Battle Scars make your Jeep : Trail Rated

Fenders? What fenders? Yup that's a dent just behind my door also. Get out there!!!

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-03-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

don't listen to half these jack asses, they wouldn't know a real Jeep if it ran 'em over...looks good man you saw the problem with the big ass stock tail lights, and solved it with in you financial means......It's a Jeep thang, they wouldn't understand
To be honest, I posted on the JK-Forum mostly to see the hilarous responses about how I've destroyed my truck, or the "how could you!" statements.

The panneling around the right side light was already smashed in, so I hammered the sheet metal to fit the dents. The weather stripping sealed it nicely.

I'm planning to keep the truck like this for now. 35x10.5x16 tires with 2" lift and 1" body lift. Full Rock Hard 4x4 skids. I do a lot of difficult trails and this works really well. Spending $1K ish for 1" or more of lift isn't really worth it to me. I am tempted to upgrade to 37s or 38 and do more cutting to get them to fit.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow, that is definetly one of the most ghetto things i have seen done to a JK. haha, good job!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Agree 100%
Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so I wouldn't do this mod myself but props to the dedicated trail rig! Nothing stays new forever. To everyone out there with a jeep, enjoy it the way you intended to! I've got scratches and dents on all my jeeps (even my 09) and theres a story to tell about each one. Think about memories you could create with your jeep if you didn't have to worry about BD!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Autozone sells the LED version of these that you may want to consider swapping for. They only cost like $20-$30 for the pair and would improve the light output tremendously. You've already gone through the hard part which is figuring a way to mount round aftermarket lights so hats off to ya!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Autozone sells the LED version of these that you may want to consider swapping for. They only cost like $20-$30 for the pair and would improve the light output tremendously. You've already gone through the hard part which is figuring a way to mount round aftermarket lights so hats off to ya!
I thought about that, but I'd have to add a $20 relay to deal with the fast blinking. I've tested them out in bright sun and could see these lights well.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Default Mass. Law

Registration plate must be permanently attached to a m/v (no wire ties etc...). I noticed you took this to the extreme.

Quick Reply: Flush tali lamps for $30