Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flowmaster 40 Series Sound Clip

Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the routing on the left side of the muffler? How close is your pipe to the coil spring? Just wondering as I am trying to fit my custom exhaust on a 2DR Also
Old 11-10-2008, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm pretty sure it's a real Flowmaster...at least I hope so. I was standing there next to the guy when he opened a Flowmaster box and pulled it out....maybe the stamping is on the other side? Now I gotta check that, thanks for the tip!

As for the other side, the piping is in the same place as the factory piping...it's not anywhere close to the coil spring....I had a pic of that but now I can't find it. I'll try to snap another today.

thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

I've been looking for an exhaust for a while now how much did you pay.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rmc4x4
I've been looking for an exhaust for a while now how much did you pay.
It was $133 tax and all....that was for the muffler, extra pipe, and "shop supplies".
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brdhoodlum
Do you have any pictures of the routing on the left side of the muffler? How close is your pipe to the coil spring? Just wondering as I am trying to fit my custom exhaust on a 2DR Also

here ya go...i found it. kinda hard to see the coil spring but it's not any closer to it than the factory pipe was. in fact, he just un-clamped the factory pipe where it goes over the axle and clamped this new piece in its place...it kinda curves towards the driver's side a little and then into the inlet....hope that helps!

BTW, it's nearly impossible to get the muffler centered between the frame rails because of the extreme angle that the pipe would need to be to do that....but he got it as close as he could.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Also, I checked and this is in fact an actual Flowmaster...the stamping is on the top side of it and I remember now that when he opened the box he handed me all the Flowmaster paperwork like the registration crap and stickers and what not. He had to turn it upside down to get the angle of the inlet pipe right. But, thanks for the tip SaharaBlackNo1...that's definitely something to watch out for!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wash your truck !!!

Maybe it's just me, but no matter how clean my exterior is, if my undercarriage has crap on it, it ruins my whole day. Oh, the jeep also....
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigBadMike
Wash your truck !!!

Maybe it's just me, but no matter how clean my exterior is, if my undercarriage has crap on it, it ruins my whole day. Oh, the jeep also....
LOL!! Yeah, it's pretty bad right now.....I haven't cleaned the underneath in a while but it definitely needs to be done.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Also, I checked and this is in fact an actual Flowmaster...the stamping is on the top side of it and I remember now that when he opened the box he handed me all the Flowmaster paperwork like the registration crap and stickers and what not. He had to turn it upside down to get the angle of the inlet pipe right. But, thanks for the tip SaharaBlackNo1...that's definitely something to watch out for!!
Do you know what part number is? I looked up jeep wrangler on the flowmaster website and nothing came up for the JK. I was also wondering what you paid for the whole thing and install. Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was awesome,thanks man

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 40 Series Sound Clip