Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Flop thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate looking at this thread!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onsafari
Hmmmm ok......doesn't appear that way.
you said sport cage ... most of the jeeps seen had factory roll bar. and i think he ment the JK sport cage is better then the TJ sport cage.

i don't know about the JK roll bar though, something about it bugs me ... i really hope to build a full one-off cage this winter for mine.

i used to be able to say "my DD has a full cage" ... till this state wouldn't let me drive the YJ any more.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Guys,

Being I had not checked this tread in a week its grown pretty well to what i expected. I would like to take a second and thanks Joe, Mel and a couple of you other out there for the pats on the back and Joe, we do need to wheel together someday.

On the sport cage thing, being i was wheeling all the weekend, I had some more time in the seat and realized something kind of odd, if your REALLY flex the heck out of these you can hear the bolts holding it together squeek. Just food for thaught.

Kat
Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

no floppin or rollin over for me thanks, i like all 4 on the floor,
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
no floppin or rollin over for me thanks, i like all 4 on the floor,
Pussy.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Pussy.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chip80
Ascended the obstacle - steep sand hill - left turn at the top where I put my right front on the berm to ride around the corner and flopped before I knew WTF was happening. All 4 of us inside were fine. Had just upgraded from a 2in BB which I'd run for 5 years without incident to a 4.5 AEV lift. Like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid - "Don't think shit like this can't happen to you."

The flop happened around 10am. Got her back on all 4s and wheeled the rest of the day until 6pm. Winched a few other jeeps out of water/mud. Drove her back home 1.5 hours. Washed it yesterday and the SOB still appears water tight, which is amazing considering it leaked when it was new.

Here are the pics.

Still wheeling after the flop.
Besides the side mirror gone any other damage? That is awesome you still wheeled after that!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been close to flopping(driver mirror less than a 1' from the ground) and I can't say I enjoyed it much!

Looks like an upgrade to the factory rollcage is in order though after seeing these pics

Quick Reply: The Flop thread