Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Flop thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6DoF
you may be able to go on every trail ... but there are more fun lines out there where a 33 simply won't make the cut. plus i'll say it again, some ppl have fun staying safe, others like to push the envelope. its 2 entirely different styles of wheelin and i've been in both. if you don't understand someone elses rush enough to join in, then just sit back and watch the show
If you've completed every trail in Moab and only then go choosing new lines for a fresh challenge, well, more power to you. If and until you've done every trail in Moab, I can't let you get by saying that, sorry.

Two different styles of wheeling? If one of those is Hammer Down Go For Broke Hillbilly Intent on Busting Their Shit mode,well then, I'm out. My JK (as well as many others here I suspect) is a daily driver. Gotta respect the machine.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aB²

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Hahahahahaha! Thank You! Finally someone that can bring some humor into this thread. Some of you really need to relax more often!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

He just cut all the wet wires
Old 07-23-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Not a JK, but a flop.

And why wheeling a rental with insurance is so awesome:

Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Omaha
If you've completed every trail in Moab and only then go choosing new lines for a fresh challenge, well, more power to you. If and until you've done every trail in Moab, I can't let you get by saying that, sorry.

Two different styles of wheeling? If one of those is Hammer Down Go For Broke Hillbilly Intent on Busting Their Shit mode,well then, I'm out. My JK (as well as many others here I suspect) is a daily driver. Gotta respect the machine.
ok, now your gettin close minded ...

you really need to get out and watch some more ppl wheel ... there's more to trail life then Moab and rock with more traction then you know what to do with. i've never been to Moab, but i'm confident enough from years of wheeling elsewhere to say i'll go where every you point me. (within the bounds of physics).

and as for the hillbilly comment ... then make it 3 styles of wheelin. your siggested slang style of go for broke (how i wheel my $200 XJ's), how you wheel being really safe with a rig you paid a lof of money for and need every day (how i will wheel my JK), and then the style that has you hangin on the side of rocks at the verge of balance moving an inch at a time till you either make it flop (how i wheel my YJ).

i'm sorry, but the thrill of making a line from the verge of impossability is addictive and some (not me) may chose to attempt this in brand new rigs. chear em on! so they don't make this line, but they have a better feel for the rig for next time.

saying someone should take their key's for pushing the limits is simply ignorant.

disclaimer: all previous statments do not include newbs who's daddy bought them a new jeep and who have zero clue how to properly use it.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok - third post here.

Real quick: I know my panties seem to be in a bunch, but I stand behind the theme of what I say. ... but I also acknowledge that the OP was just mess'n around and we'd probebly have a blast wheel'n together. Shoot. Is there anybody that would not have a good time wheel'n with everybody????

Back on topic. These flop pics (well really rollover pics) are freaking me out. The windshield collapses right on top of the front seats. That frigg'n sux. I need a sport cage or something.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

I will do my best not to post a pic on this thread
Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NTXJK
I will do my best not to post a pic on this thread
x2 knock on wood
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6DoF
saying someone should take their key's for pushing the limits is simply ignorant.
Good bantering back and forth with you.

For the record, I didn't make the above comment, though I empathize with the guy who did. I'm pretty sure it was a bit of hyperbole, that's all...

Quick Reply: The Flop thread