Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Flop thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6DoF
mine?

check the first page of pics in my thread ... there was a lot of underlying damage
no, the one that flopped in the dunes
Old 07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shredX
I guess I don't wheel hard caus I haven't flopped? I call B.S.

Bragging about your woman fcuknig up so bad that she put her Jeep on it's side twice in one day means she was either in way over her head or you two don't give a sh!t about turning your rigs into piles of crap.

You know a funny thing is that a couple of guys in my local Jeep club will tell you that flops often times happen on the easiest stuff when people are not paying attention.

I just don't think that the more you fcuk up your jeep = hard core or what ever. My Jeep has tons of trail damage, but I wish it didn't. I don't regret the rock crawl'n that I do....I just wish I could take back all the rock rash, pinstripes, dents and smashed up sh!t. I don't think any less of someone with a clean rig.
Definitely agree with you x 10.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Where were you that she flipped TWICE in ONE day? Maybe you need to pick an easier place or find a new style of wheeling? Just my two cents but wow. . .
No shit. I feel bad for that Jeep. She abuses the hell out of it and obviously takes stupid lines and I'm questioning her driving abilities.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

I personally think that RubyDoo is one of the most bad-ass Jeeps on this site. Just because someone is beating the piss out of their rig doesn't mean you all have to question their driving capability. Maybe she chooses to test herself to the limit by taking more challenging lines than everyone else. How many of you that are judging her have actually been on the trail with her? I have never wheeled with her before but I think we can all take a look at the numerous posts she has submitted and see that she can hang with almost anyone here when it comes to tackling some of the most challenging trails out there.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I think some people here are obviously not real Jeepers. Ragging on other Jeepers without 1st hand knowledge is something a Toyota guy would do.

Obviously some Jeeper Gals have more cajones then "Toyota guys".
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

It's not ragging, its responding.... to the OP's first statement insinuating that if you don't flop, you're not hard core. I do admit that my response is a bit harsh, but I'm sick of the whole tough guy has to keep his jeep fcuked up and dirty to be a real Jeeper thing that's going on here.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by -Aaron-
I personally think that RubyDoo is one of the most bad-ass Jeeps on this site. Just because someone is beating the piss out of their rig doesn't mean you all have to question their driving capability. Maybe she chooses to test herself to the limit by taking more challenging lines than everyone else. How many of you that are judging her have actually been on the trail with her? I have never wheeled with her before but I think we can all take a look at the numerous posts she has submitted and see that she can hang with almost anyone here when it comes to tackling some of the most challenging trails out there.
Aaron,

I appreciate what you say and it pretty well sums up my experience with these two ladies. I have wheeled with both of them and consider them true friends who have encouraged me to become a more technical driver and never egged me on when I wanted to bypass something I felt was beyond my abilities. You will never meet nicer trail companions or more supportive ones and I respect them as people and true Jeepers who always take responsibility for their actions.

They don't take themselves too seriously either, which I believe was Kat's intent in starting this thread. Sometimes we learn by falling down -- or flopping over. Do they push the envelope? Yes, constantly, but that's how you learn. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I hope to never flop or roll, but if I do, I want Kat there to help me out.

-meljr
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

It's not ragging, its responding.... to the OP's first statement insinuating that if you don't flop, you're not hard core. I do admit that my response is a bit harsh, but I'm sick of the whole tough guy has to keep his jeep fcuked up and dirty to be a real Jeeper thing that's going on here.
I too am of the keep it clean crowd. I am doing my best to keep it free of any damage.

As to the ragging part, several were far worse than your comments.

I can tell stories of almost roll overs, but somehow they pale by comparison to pictures of roll overs. I had turn around on a very steep hill, so steep that I was leaning out of my Jeep and could see the inside of my front wheel. I had unlocked my seatbelt so that if it decided to do the nasty I was going to bail out and let her go. It had a full roll cage, but I was not going to trust it on a 2000 ft hill to survive. I was glad it didn't and no one at the bottom got hurt.

THe story of the Jeep rollover pictured in this thread would be far more interesting as you could see the outcome of the roll over.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

I guess I don't wheel hard caus I haven't flopped? I call B.S.

Bragging about your woman fcuknig up so bad that she put her Jeep on it's side twice in one day means she was either in way over her head or you two don't give a sh!t about turning your rigs into piles of crap.

You know a funny thing is that a couple of guys in my local Jeep club will tell you that flops often times happen on the easiest stuff when people are not paying attention.

I just don't think that the more you fcuk up your jeep = hard core or what ever. My Jeep has tons of trail damage, but I wish it didn't. I don't regret the rock crawl'n that I do....I just wish I could take back all the rock rash, pinstripes, dents and smashed up sh!t. I don't think any less of someone with a clean rig.
I'm with you on this. Twice in one day, someone needs to take the keys from her or SOMEONE needs to be spotting her. She obviously needs help out there.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 3.9square
i'm with you on this. Twice in one day, someone needs to take the keys from her or someone needs to be spotting her. She obviously needs help out there.
bingo:d:d:d

Quick Reply: The Flop thread