Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

flexing and rubbing pics

Old 01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N2rock
The boot rubbing issue- I searched thru threads this past weekend and was able to determine that is an issue with ANY lift above 2" on an auto Unlimited. When flexed, the new angle of the driveshaft causes the boot to rub the tranny and/or skid.

I only researched it because it happened to a friend a couple weeks ago when we were wheeling. Since I've been considering a lift, I wanted to know why that happened. So I searched the forum for "torn boot", and then made notations of the size of lifts involved.

also- apparently Jeep does not sell the boot alone, you have to replace the entire driveshaft. But that's irrelevant since it will just happen again. So the only real solution is a smaller diameter aftermarket driveshaft
That is correct. I, as well as others I know, have been driving with the torn boot for over a year, no issues. I will go to the smaller driveshaft if this one craps out due lack of lubrication that the boot holds in. I am about to grease this one just to keep things slideing well.

Quick Reply: flexing and rubbing pics