Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

flexing and rubbing pics

Old 03-03-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flexing and rubbing pics

well got a chance to flex up the rubi today ! articulates nicely but need to address a couple rubbing issues which are'nt a big issue. first off I'll state that the only reason I'm rubbing the front bumper is because I installed some cam bolts for a quick fix of caster. normaly the FT econo lift will not rub the bumper or fender I know because it did'nt before I put in the cam bolts. anyway no big deal I just will need to space out he front bumper and do a little trimming to the inner fender plastic.

now the rubbing issue that I need to look into a little more is my front drive line actualy came close enough to the tranny (auto) to tear the metal clamp for the "dust boot" off. not sure what's up with that I do need a track bar whic is orderd but that has nothing to do with this problem since the axle movement from the track bar pulls the drive line away from the tranny ?

anyway here are the pics the last pic is of the drive line with the missing clamp and if you look next to the trany pan bolt you can see where the drive line hit it and actualy bent the "flange" on the tranny pan.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think a little trimming of the pan is in order? I noticed mine touches while dropping the front axle while on jack stands. I was tinking of bending down the folded up edge on the front of the pan.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

really man I did'nt notice mine touching when it was up on the rack at the shop the only place it had a problem with was the cross member and you can actualy see the cut in the cross member below the drive line to help it clear. the whole bott of the pic is the cross member and if you look below the driveline you can see a very "rough" circular cut below it.

I'll get the jeep back up on the rack at the shop on monday and see what I come up with on the drive line vs tranny issue....

oh yea Rubimon is your's a auto ?
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
JK Jedi

Yeh, it's an auto. I just noticed a nick on the driveshaft. I haven't had a chance to flex it anywhere but while installing the lift and arms.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! Do you have a pic of you standing next to it on level ground? Would you measure the distance below the framerails to ground for us, I'm curious to see what the overall gain in general ground clearance comes to?

I'm surprised to hear the driveshaft is contacting with only a 3" lift. Maybe it's because it measures 3.75" until the coils settle? Or is it because you have the stock trackbar up front? Are you going to reinforce the cut area in the crossmember?

Great flex shots, but did you get any of the bumpstops contacting?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Yeh, it's an auto. I just noticed a nick on the driveshaft. I haven't had a chance to flex it anywhere but while installing the lift and arms.
Not that we havn't tried to drag you out with us.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

Mine made contact too, and tore the boot on the driveshaft. I had already trimmed the cross member, but didn't account for the lateral movement when the drivers side is dropped and the passenger side is compressed. This issue should really be addressed in the lift instructions.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
Not that we havn't tried to drag you out with us.
I would go but I didn't want your mirrors to show mine up! I have only one hole!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Rubimon is still gearing up to KILL the speed bumps at the mall...LOL...(just kidding)

Rubidozer, I think that I'm having the problems with my 3" lift that others are having with larger lifts is because I have shocks that DON'T limit the suspension. and yea I'm planning on doing something better with the crossmember when I get some time right now I'm crammed with a build for FourWheeler mag that is taking front seat to any of my projects. I did'nt get any pics on the bump stops but the Fox shocks have "markers" on them and they were all slid down so I bottomed every shock out at one time or the other on that little "ditch".

I'm begining to think the best solution for the driveline issue is to get a aftermarket one . it'll probably be a smaller diamater tube which would allow the clearance needed ??
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
Rubimon is still gearing up to KILL the speed bumps at the mall...LOL...(just kidding)
Heh, careful now, I have thin skin! And besides, I tell the jokes around here!

Quick Reply: flexing and rubbing pics