Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flexin 33's w/ no lift

Old 10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flexin 33's w/ no lift

I just want to see some pictures or tell me a thread so i can see them. My buddy just put 33's on and I wanted to show him some flexing pictures at stock height.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

what ever you do dont disco the stock sway bar...I did that last weekend and damn near ripped off my front driver side fender. had to go install a fulltraction 2" bb kit after that.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

33's fit fine as long as you trim the flares a little. The bumpstops are fully compressed in these pics and the front sway is disconnected. There is less than a 1/2" of clearance b/w my front tire and the bottom of the front flare in those pics and theres about 3/4 " of clearance b/w the rear tire and the fender well. It's close but they definitely clear. Before I timmed the flares I rubbed pretty bad at full stuff, no longer an issue though.

Last edited by SlvrJK; 10-24-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

33's no lift, rubbed some on the trail but that really isnt as big of a deal as people make it. I now run the same tires with a 2.5" TF spacer lift and have zero rubbing issues. Heres a pic of before and after the spacer lift with 33's for reference:

Old 10-24-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SlvrJK
33's fit fine as long as you trim the flares a little. The bumpstops are fully compressed in these pics and the front sway is disconnected. There is less than a 1/2" of clearance b/w my front tire and the bottom of the front flare in those pics and theres about 3/4 " of clearance b/w the rear tire and the fender well. It's close but they definitely clear. Before I timmed the flares I rubbed pretty bad at full stuff, no longer an issue though.

Nice! looks good!

how do you like those doors? are they the fabric ones? I'm looking to maybe get some soon!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickdandria
Nice! looks good!

how do you like those doors? are they the fabric ones? I'm looking to maybe get some soon!
They are indeed the canvas bestop softdoors. I have the full set with the uppers as well. The good: I like them for the fact that they are super light weight, very easy to take on and off, and for the fact that they can either be a full door or a half door whenever I want. The bad: the fitment of them leaves something to be desired, they rattle, they leak, they are noisy, the top portion of the door with the uppers installed and the windows ziped up will suck out about 1.5" at highway speed to the point where I can see sky. That being said I've leaned to live with them and have had them on since April and will only be putting my steel doors back on for the winter. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions, I don't want to hijack this thread
Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stonewhite JK
what ever you do dont disco the stock sway bar...I did that last weekend and damn near ripped off my front driver side fender. had to go install a fulltraction 2" bb kit after that.
Yeah, that is my biggest concern. I am taking my buddy wheeling in two weeks and I know a part of the trail that causes some major stuffage and what to figure out what to do. I'll leave him connected. That way his rear tire will just come up a little. This is the area, I'm sure if he does this it will cause damage while disconnected.

Quick Reply: Flexin 33's w/ no lift